" The Mighty Mouse" Has Left The Hangar

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Colt Hammerless

Bearcat
That's a very nice letter Jim.

I don't know why I said O-235, when in my head I was thinking O-290. I knew they stopped production of the Pacer before the Tri-Pacer, but didn't realize they stopped that early. Interesting.

Paul

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I had a '78 Z28 for awhile and as I remember, with a 1/2 tank all the gauges would read normal with all needles pointing straight up. Super-fast to read all info as "normal"!

I did relocate the battery to the trunk for better weight distribution and recommend that mod. Nice work with the hoses and fittings. I approve!

Colt Hammerless said:
That's a very nice letter Jim.

I don't know why I said O-235, when in my head I was thinking O-290. I knew they stopped production of the Pacer before the Tri-Pacer, but didn't realize they stopped that early. Interesting.

Paul

Paul,
No problem. I have brain farts a lot.
They did make the Tri and Pacer the same year 1953??? But the Tri out sold the Pacer by 6 to 1 so they stopped building them that year.
Just a little side note story.
When Son first bought the Pacer he had two partners that were F-18 Hornet Guys that were on the Nimitz with him. Both guys are GREAT guys and wanted to learn about general aviation. Anyway Son learned how to fly in a taildragger so checked these guys out. Well one of them ground looped the Pacer. Got the wing, gear, and elevator. They had insurance so no big deal. Other than hurt pride.
The Pacer will bite you if you don't watch it all the time.

Zeus

Blackhawk
That old piper is cool looking. I've had an itch to try a taildragger but just haven't yet. Thanks for sharing pics

cruzerlou

Buckeye
Nice old Camaro,good job on the resto.I had a 1977 typeLT w/ a 350 4 bolt main and a muncie rockcrusher with 411 possi rear in to .It has a custom black metal flake paint job w/ a set of red racing stripes on it .I swaped the 350 out for a 383 stroker later on and raced the snot out of that thing .It had red innards just like yours .I love those toqure thrust rims you have on it .Mine had vet rims .
Lookin at that sure brings back some good times I had as a kid .
Thanks for sharing.
BTW, the paint job fits the car just fine ,I don't care what others say .The body lines on those F body cars just lends it's self to that type of of tri color paint job .Again great job .
Your Friend,
Lou