The mark II .22 auto called the MK-4B

Help Support Ruger Forum:

milgunsguy

Bearcat
unique pistol, circa 1999, a compact handful consisting of a

Mark II Target with a short 4 inch bull barrel and un-checkered, laminated, thumbrest grips

Anyone got one?

1gunsnotenough said:
Have another not in pic with silver trigger and black plastic grips.

I believe you're saying you have 3 versions of the MK4B. It's my understanding that the MK4B catalog number and 0139 model number stayed the same throughout the various grip changes. Can anyone confirm or deny? MK4BL and KMK4BL not included.

milgunsguy

Bearcat
Nice!

Is that a stainless MK-4B?

Did the checkered grips ever come standard or were they installed after the gun was shipped?

eveled

Hawkeye
Here is mine.
22003_zps83d4b63b.jpg

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Highstandardguy said:
1gunsnotenough said:
Have another not in pic with silver trigger and black plastic grips.

I believe you're saying you have 3 versions of the MK4B. It's my understanding that the MK4B catalog number and 0139 model number stayed the same throughout the various grip changes. Can anyone confirm or deny? MK4BL and KMK4BL not included.

I think your correct. Front 2 are I believe are Davidsons and are MK4B. Back two are KMK4BL and MK4BL which are Lipseys.

eveled

Hawkeye
Thanks. Safe to assume it was the regular sized box with extra room?

milgunsguy

Bearcat
I bought mine new and it came in the standard small grey plastic box stamped internally with the date "10-99".

Did a google search and MK4BLs are out there with both green and gray boxes. Guess Ruger/Lipsey's did a switch at some point. I thought all the Lipsey's MKIIs were in green boxes but that's clearly not the case.

eveled

Hawkeye
If anybody is interested, the mk4bl came with smooth laminated thumbrest grips.

ShopRuger has matching LEFT hand smooth thumbrest grips with the proper black eagle still available. I ordered a set so I could have the option of two flat grips, (but still look stock) or set up for left or right.

This is the way they should have shipped to begin with IMHO. Or with the two flat grips and people could have ordered the thumbrest they needed.

Anyway, the new grips came yesterday, and they are a good match. Ed