The GP-100 44's do exist.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rangerbob

Buckeye
I just ordered a GP-100 .44 special from Zanders, a distributor in Illinois. They had 12 of them. It might be in by Friday, if I'm lucky. I plan on making about 500 empty brass on my first outing so that I can work up some 200 grain JHP loads. Actually, I already have some loaded in amongst my 2500 rounds of handloads. I'll report on GP-100 afterward. :mrgreen:

xtratoy

Buckeye
rangerbob said:
I just ordered a GP-100 .44 special from Zanders, a distributor in Illinois. They had 12 of them. It might be in by Friday, if I'm lucky. I plan on making about 500 empty brass on my first outing so that I can work up some 200 grain JHP loads. Actually, I already have some loaded in amongst my 2500 rounds of handloads. I'll report on GP-100 afterward. :mrgreen:
Their website lists the MSRP. What are they actually selling for?

rangerbob

Buckeye
Priced at $895 on the web; All I can say they are making well over $300 profit. Dealer cost is almost $100 less than a M69 Smith. Bob! :D

Mus408

Hunter
I like the gun but not at those asking prices. That's what I paid for my new Alaskan!

flc

Bearcat
princeout said:
flc said:
They do exist! Mine is here in the city to pick up tomorrow!

flc,
Where did you find it? I'd like to handle one.
Thanks,
Tim

Tim, It was an online dealer. They went thru 6 or more in just a few minutes and are now sold out. $629.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I think a realistic street price is going to be between $625 and $650. If they were readily available, I could sell them all day long for $645 + Tax. Bob! :wink:

I hope they start making them with a longer barrel , here in WI to be legal to hunt with they must have a length of 5 1/2" meassured from the firing pin to the end of the barrel ,

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Hawk-in-Wi said:
I hope they start making them with a longer barrel , here in WI to be legal to hunt with they must have a length of 5 1/2" meassured from the firing pin to the end of the barrel ,

Check out a smith 69. I am also in Wisconsin.I was looking for a woods carry 44. Wanted the shortest legal barrel for hunting. Was leaning towards a 44 special blackhawk when the smith came out. Fits my hand better lighter than the blackhawk and I have the mag option. Also the smith weighs the same as the 3" gp 100 if they go a longer barrel it is going to weigh a fair bit more than the smith. Only knock on the smith is the lock. But about fifteen minutes and some basic tools disables that easily. Rugers are nice but my Smith 69 is probable the best fitted and finished and trigger of any out of the box handgun I have ever bought.

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Just yesterday a young friend of mine at church sought me out to tell me he had just bought a GP-100 .44 Special.

I have to tell you about this young man, and his wife. His wife is a young girl, daughter of some very close friends of mine, and I have watched her grow up in my church. She has been active in the Pro-Life movement, and recently established DaySpring Ministries, a program designed to help girls who elect not to have an abortion, but keep and raise their unborn child.

This couple was married several agos and have three young children, all who are active in children's programs. This young man is a gun buff, sort of like me, and seems to prefer the .44 Special. He is a mechanic for the Memphis Fire Department and one of the nicest young men you could ever meet.

If I could only convince him it is not "Vakwero."

Bob Wright

rangerbob

Buckeye
Well, my GP-100 finally came in today. It has the correct grips and seems to have a smooth DA and crisp SA. I won't have a chance to shoot it until the weekend as it's dark by the time I get home from work I'm conducting a CC class on Saturday, so an opportunity should present itself. Bob! :mrgreen:

flc

Bearcat
Got mine a few days ago and was finally able to get to the range. I was very impressed with this revolver. I did have to dial in the sights a little but not by much. The double action was very smooth and the single action crisp. I put some Ruger compact grips on it when it came in and I really like that combo. I carried a S&W 696 as a woods gun for a few years and eventually shot it loose a little. From those recollections the GP100 is a little heavier but the trigger is better and the recoil much better. I shot some cowboy loads first (I'm still sneezing!) then immediately went to the GDHP. Those were like shooting .38 wadcutters. I did have a few Buffalo Bore soft cast hp 190 gr and these were also very mild recoil - can't wait to shoot some Keith loads in it. Now, I gotta go clean it. :D