The .22 SP announced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mjh

Single-Sixer
Yea beat me to it, checked earlier today and not on did a few things just got off the phone talking hunting and guns with a buddy and hey there yea go.... off the the FFL today or tomorrow at the latest!!!

Dusterman

Single-Sixer
I've been waiting for this I just hope it makes it to CA. I can't get the SR1911 so I hope I will be able to get this for some less expensive shooting fun.

I looked (very early) this morning and not on their site then, but I have since received an email from Ruger with it.

I came very close to buying one of the ones that ACRYLICTNK was offering, but decided to wait. I would really like to see a 22/22mag version with 2 cylinders like Smith did on some of the 63's.

mjh

Single-Sixer
Done ordered! Should be in early next week. Never been the first one on the block to own anything......sights, they can be changed......grip, I like.....will fit in nicely with other SP's and Rugers already around the place.....costs, yea a little bit more but hey its brand new, I've been saving and waiting for something like this for a loooooooonnnnnnnnngggg time. Everybody likes something a little different........

louiethelump

Buckeye
Good luck with your wishes Bearcatter....... It is good that you have a dream.........

I think the new 22 is perfection, and has corrected ALL of the bad things about the SP101. When I get mine, those grips will come right off and I have a set of beautiful Hogue wood grips to go right on there to match my 327 Federal.

Anyone know if they have a steel front sight that will fit that dovetail?

Louie

Ewalker

Bearcat
I just looked on ruger site why would the .22 weigh more than any of the other sp101?I guess that is why it also cost more than the bigger caliber lighter pistols.

sgtlmj

Bearcat
I've got a GP100 front sight that I'm going to try in mine once it arrives. Looks like they could be the same animal. I'll post the results. My SP101 should be here early next week.

Latest posts