Tang Safety 220 Swift Heavy Barrel NIB possibly price check

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JoeVandal174

Bearcat
I am trying to get a price on a tang safety heavy barrled 220 swift I think I can locate orginial box. Previous owner claimed never to have shot it but can't prove so will say used with low round count. Gun is in excellent shape just curious to see if anyone would be interested in it and what is it worth

PAShooter

Single-Sixer
I have one of those. Some of those 26" heavy barreled in 220 swift were real shooters. I believe that that I bought mine around 1984. Those barrels in that year were of high quality. I once shot a 10 round group in under an inch at 300 yards. I once impressed my friend by hitting a fly that happened to land on my 100 yard target. My gun is in perfect condition with a 6-20 Leupold. I have all the papers and receipts and original box. I would never sell it, but my gun with scope should fetch $1100-1200 to a person who knows what it is. More bragging about this gun: Pennsylvania groundhogs used to be my favorite shooting in the summer (before housing developments ruined much of that). On a hunt in Potter county, we had a 300+ yard rule before shooting. Three of us would take turns for the first shot. It did take long before a new rule was implemented- I was only allowed to shoot last.

flh79

Blackhawk
Did anyone get an answer from this guy yet? Sent 2 PM's with an offer and haven't received a reply either way.

JoeVandal174

Bearcat
By now I believe that I have replied to all pm and am waiting to hear back from people if I missed you I am truly sorry I w as elk hunting

salarguy

Bearcat
PAShooter said:
I have one of those. Some of those 26" heavy barreled in 220 swift were real shooters. I believe that that I bought mine around 1984. Those barrels in that year were of high quality. I once shot a 10 round group in under an inch at 300 yards. I once impressed my friend by hitting a fly that happened to land on my 100 yard target. My gun is in perfect condition with a 6-20 Leupold. I have all the papers and receipts and original box. I would never sell it, but my gun with scope should fetch $1100-1200 to a person who knows what it is. More bragging about this gun: Pennsylvania groundhogs used to be my favorite shooting in the summer (before housing developments ruined much of that). On a hunt in Potter county, we had a 300+ yard rule before shooting. Three of us would take turns for the first shot. It did take long before a new rule was implemented- I was only allowed to shoot last.

I have one as well, shoots much better than I can!