SWAINSON'S HAWK

Help Support Ruger Forum:

street

Hunter
Doc your pictures just keep getting better and better. I always check the Gallery first to see what you have for us. Please keep them coming as we never get tired of seeing them. :lol:

gunsbam69

Hunter
I know you've got all kinds of high end stuff and can zoom, but how close was it to the camera when you took the shot? Great picture :D

doccash

Buckeye
Golferboy: you never have a long enough lens, mine is 400mm and the image is a 100% crop. [it was plenty sharp to start with]. Dr.C

street

Hunter
golferboy426 said:
what does 100 % crop mean. What frame size are you shooting. I've got a Canon EOS Rebel t3i but I shoot smaller frame so I can email
I think I'm right on this but if you have a 400MM lens and you take a picture with it and then you crop it as if you had taken it with a 800MM lens then that is 100% crop. As I stated I think this is correct, if this is not correct please feel free to explain.

As Doc said you never have enough lens as you always need the image to be bigger. The trouble with a bigger lens is the price goes way up in proportion to MM. Nikon has a new lens that is an 800MM f5.6 that sell for a whopping $18,000. As you can see a 400MM croped at 100% is a lot cheaper. :lol:

doccash

Buckeye
Street is correct, The camera, a Canon 7D, is a crop sensor camera to begin with, same as your Rebel. So the image starts out the focal length X 1.6, then if the image was sharp enough to start with you can crop it more without much loss in image quality. Dr.C

HIVO

Single-Sixer
Another awesome shot doc! I do the same as street- ck the gallery first for docC shots. Thanks for posting!
HIVO

jeffnles1

Blackhawk
Love it. reat focus on the eye and beak. If the eye is in focus on a portrait, everything else falls into place.

Jeff