Suppressed MKI ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
Yes. I know of at least 25 examples, all but one of those has been 'recored' with more modern internals.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Jbrown75 said:
Yes. I know of at least 25 examples, all but one of those has been 'recored' with more modern internals.

Not mentioned in Don Findlys book but very very interesting variation. MKI with more modern internals would be MKII or MKIII internal parts? What parts?

No markings would be no US, no model markings, no serial #s, no manufactor markings, and/or no calibre marking?

Sometimes even when "you read the books" new stuff pops up.

Thanks,

SATCOM

chet15

Hawkeye
Jbrown75...send me a PM of what you know on those 25 factory suprressed autos. That's actually the first I've heard of them, so if that stuff gets documented for posterity somewhere like the "Reference of Ruger Firearms", you can create collector demand for them. And with collector demand comes collector values, instead of just any old suppressed Ruger pistol.
Chet15

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
The 'modern internals' I was referring to was suppressor baffles, not the firing mechanisms or trigger. None of the 25 I know of are ever going to come up for sale, as they are owned by a governmental agency and are not marked per BATFE rules. This means they are not transferrable, which made me a bit more than sad when I was told I would not be able to purchase the one that had not been recored :( It would have been a wonderful piece to have.
And yes, no markings whatsoever.

radicalrod

Hunter
WOW a government agency needs 25 suppressed 22 auto pistols :shock: :shock: :shock:

I am shocked that they "need" so few :roll: :roll: :roll:

Maybe they are the Department of Homeland Security and Pigeon Abatement :lol: :lol: :lol:

So the people that make our guns have identifying markings don't need them on theirs....PRICELESS...RR.

SATCOM

Blackhawk
Jbrown75,

Can you help me understand what these guns looked like?

Does the barrel and surpressor look like single piece?

Does the frame and upper (without threaded barrel/surpressor & markings) look just like any other MK1?

Thanks.

SATCOM

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
Photobucket is being a touch difficult right now for me. I have 2 pictures of the one that was unmodified and for those who want them I am working to alleviate my photo-sharing troubles. If you are really wanting pictures quickly I can email them to interested parties.
The entire upper assembly appeared to be one piece with a removable endcap. There was no need to delve further than that at the time. They all looked similar to any other bull barrel MK-series pistol save for the spanner points in the end of the 'barrel'. That and they had a pretty ugly coating of some sort. Not really paint, but not powdercoat either.

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
And here we go...
Rugerintegral.jpg

Barrel end after the cap was removed and the guts taken out.
Rugerintegral2.jpg

Overall view after it was disassembled. Those grips are not the ones that it came with originally, those were replacements.

kwill

Bearcat
I'd like to see more as well-sent a PM but I can't tell that it went through.

Regards,
Kevin Williams

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
radicalrod said:
The old washer and spacer type.....simple and effective.....RR.
For 1950 it wasn't bad. It isn't nearly as nice as the recored ones sound however.
And sorry guys, that's all I have for photos.

radicalrod

Hunter
My T514 was sent to a US agency and was threaded for an appliance :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here are a few pics....mine has all the appropriate marks :!: :!: :!: RR

P3290362.jpg

P3290359.jpg

P3290361.jpg

kwill

Bearcat
These are both fascinating pistols. I wish we had more history/documentation on them.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
kwill said:
These are both fascinating pistols. I wish we had more history/documentation on them.

Saw an interview with a former government employee once, who told about doubt from his superiors about his reports. The superiors secratary had a meltdown when she opened a box of "proof" he forwarded to them. :D

kwill

Bearcat
M'BOGO said:
kwill said:

Saw an interview with a former government employee once, who told about doubt from his superiors about his reports. The superiors secratary had a meltdown when she opened a box of "proof" he forwarded to them. :D

:?: :?:

M'BOGO

Buckeye
He was working somewhere or other in Southeast Asia, where there were no U.S. activities on the books. The box contained lots of human ears...