Giles MKI

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1gunsnotenough

Buckeye
Going through the safe tonight thought I would post this and see how much info I might get on it. This is a John Giles built MKI. From my research there maybe about a dozen made. Seems he mostly worked on HS, Smith Model 41s and 1911s. You can tell his guns by the rear sight he made for them. First one I saw was on GB years ago and at the time I did not know what it was. As the rear sight was something I had not seen before. He also worked on the magazine so the slide locked open on the last round. I picked this one up on a local forum in the N. Ga. mountains a few years ago for $200. It had not been stored properly and the barrel has some pitting on the exterior from rust. But bore is excellent. I am going to send upper to Ruger to see what they can do to repair finish. It is probably the smoothest and most accurate Ruger MK I have ever shot. Trigger is amazing better than any VQ or Clark I have fired. Also has one original mag. Serial number date gun to 1961.
IMG_6544.JPG
IMG_6551.JPG
IMG_6547.JPG
IMG_6546.JPG
IMG_6552.JPG

black1970

Blackhawk
Ruger reblued the slide on my P85 last winter plus installed a new rear sight at no charge. Call the Ruger lady first. If I remember correctly 35 bucks by FedEx. No charge to return.