Super Blackhawk hammer.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Got a notice from the Midway website that they had Super Blackhawk hammers back in stock. So right away I ordered one and after doing it, I thought to myself, I should have ordered two as I like to have spare parts and they will never go down in value. So I ordered a second one and they were already sold out. Waaaa.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Don't worry.... whoever got'em will be selling them on ebay or Gunbroker very soon.....I spose.

J.

CHEVYINLINE6

Single-Sixer
Don't worry.... whoever got'em will be selling them on ebay or Gunbroker very soon.....I spose.

J.
I bought mine because I have small hands. I just checked eBay and people are asking crazy money for both new and used ones. I have been buying extra parts for over 40 years. Many of these parts can no longer be bought from Ruger and can only be had if you send the gun to Ruger to fix and some of the old stuff, is not even available anymore for Ruger to use. I recently started buying parts for other brands I own.

CHEVYINLINE6.

Johnnu2

Hunter
I've done the same thing in the past..! Good you got yours direct vs. paying the scalpers. You done GOOD brovva.

J.

I had to pay $174 for one a month ago because I didn't want the upcharge (which is still small relative to the cost of the project gun) to hold up my next project. These hammers can be out of stock for at least six months or more when they run out. I wish they'd just make a ton of them and flood the market so that there'll never be another backlog, or make it OEM on all non-Bisley revolvers and have the standard Blackhawk hammer a purchasable option. I doubt there'll be a shortage then.

Timbo23

Plinker and accumulator
I have a trio of Ruger single actions; 357, 45 Colt (Blackhawks) and a 44 Mag (Super Blackhawk), all in stainless and with 4 5/8 inch barrels. I changed the standard Blackhawk hammers for SBH wide spur hammers so they all match.
I prefer the SBH hammer for shooting as well. It's a shame Ruger doesn't make one for the Single Six because then I could make a quartet.

Latest posts