Super Bearcat box question?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
My understanding is that the earliest Super Bearcats were shipped in standard Bearcat boxes until the supply was exhausted. Does anyone know the approximate serial number range that the Super Bearcat boxes came into use?

good question, guess you'll have to look at and "see" if any of the #91 prefix guns have that number ,with the prefix ,written on the side of the Bearcat box it see for certain,,,I know I have never seen one, still recall them being shipped with the brass anodized trigger guards on the all steel frame, that too is a "poser"....Hey Chad , where are you !!!:unsure:;)
...I do recall buying MANY "unused" brand new old model Super Bearcat boxes from the RCA back in the day, cheap too.........(y);)

hittman

Staff member
Somebody just put 5 Bearcat boxes in Classifieds. Some have s/n if the pics may help.

looks to be "correct" as to the numbers asto the end label of the boxes, the 3 marked "Super" have the #91 prefix and the top two looked (faded) but #90 on them....so after 1969 mfg.........

My wife did tell me that Chad had in the RENE that the BC4 boxes were used until #91-18854 and the Super marked boxes started about #91-13223, this in 1971...not sure of any "update" per Chad and the RENE..... (y) ;)

Last edited:

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Thanks for the responses, what I specifically would like to know is, which one would be the proper box for this Super Bearcat?

SBC4-91-18435-1.JPG

chet15

Hawkeye
Probably a Super Bearcat box.
But to know that, one must know exact ship dates of those 91-13xxx and 91-18xxx ranges above. And even then... who's to know a leftover Bearcat box wasn't found on the bottom of the pile, to be used with your gun.
Chet15

Latest posts