Strange Super Blackhawk.............

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Over on the Singleactions.com forum ("Splain it to me...) is pictured a "custom" Super Blackhawk. The gun is a 7 1/2" New Model. The bizarre:

The front sight ramp has been milled down to a nub and slotted, and a full length (of the barrel) sloping sight blade has bee added.

Further, the gun has two ejector assemblies, one on either side of the barrel, noted that one is a dummy. The left side assembly appears to have a lug on the frame, with a screw holding the tendon of the ejector rod housing.

There is a lug added to the housings at the end, with screws into the end of the housings and one screw between them into the underside of the barrel.

Further there is a lever added to the base pin with the handle extending and contoured to the lower edge of the frame. It appears pulling the lever helps remove the base pin.

All added parts look like bright metal, not blued, while the gun is a blued Super.

?????????????????

Bob Wright

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Looks like it was a heck of a lot of work, and not well done. I can appreciate the thought processes which lead to adding the off-side dummy ejector housing, and can even get behind the style choice to add the decorative flange on the basepin for looks. But staking the tail of the sight blade with a roll pin was just poor execution (sure looks in the pics that's how it's installed!). The cast piece at the front of both ERH's is a pretty cool idea, just looks really poorly fit. The rotary engraver marking for SPCL was super poorly done.

Hoping this was someone's prototype with the idea to slap it together than do a cleaner job on the real deal.

Definitely poor style choices, and mechanically, absolutely none of that work actually improved anything at all. Would keep the muzzle flip down a bit, that's for sure, simply because they bolted a pound of garbage to the barrel.

Hard pass from me.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I totally agree with Varminterror, I see no additional function from any of the tacked on parts. Strictly a movie prop like gun. The nub of the front sight base is split and the fanciful front sight is pinned between the two halves.

Simply a perfectly good SBH ruined, nothing more.

Geoff Timm

Single-Sixer
Given the poor engraving, I wonder if this beastie is a foreign copy of a real gun? Pakistani maybe??
Geoff
Who is a curious fellow.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
sasu said:
Steampunk?

I remember the first time I heard the word "punk" as a kid; my grandpa muttered some expletives about a group of "punks" down the block from his machine shop. I asked him, "grandpa, what's a punk?"

Grandpa responded, "a dumbass."

So yup - in this instance, it's quite fitting for whoever did that to this revolver!