Strange ammo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I have been seeing cartridges made with 8×68mm S cases that are made short and have a wavy crimp at the top of the case. Anyone else seen these and know what they are?
Screenshot_20200429-140542_Facebook_zpspgrbpxbb.jpg

freakindawgen said:
I have been seeing cartridges made with 8×68mm S cases that are made short and have a wavy crimp at the top of the case. Anyone else seen these and know what they are?

Based on what you posted, they look like some artist's conception of a "scary bullet," made up special to go along with a clickbait headline.

Brings a whole new meaning to "rounded shoulders." Cutting a chamber that shape might be a bit tricky, too. Could something shaped like that even headspace properly on the rim?

Where did you get the info that it's based on the 8x68 S? (I don't see that info in your screen capture.)

Seems like a slightly odd choice for a parent case... to say the least!

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
Zooming in on the case base see RWS and 8X68S. Both times pic has been in ads. Other one was in a gunshop making an announcement. He said it was just a random pic.

Uncle Howie said:
Based on what you posted, they look like some artist's conception of a "scary bullet," made up special to go along with a clickbait headline.

^^^ :mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen: ^^^

Basic info on the parent case/ammo . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8%C3%9768mm_S

Has large primer . . . photo above appears to have small primer.

johnp

Bearcat
The primer size in the picture is way too small, got to be just some kind of made up thing.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
Those cases have teeth, scarier than regular cases, will probably kill you deader too!!!!!!!

freakindawgen

Single-Sixer
I did a google search of the pic and only thing I found was wallpaper samples for "gold" bullets. If it's an actual cartrage the case looks tapered and guessing the bullet is smaller than the case so the crinckle crimp is to hold it in. The shorter one a wadcutter maybe? Overall it doesnt make sense other than some made up picture.