Star/Famous Person Doing Good

Help Support Ruger Forum:

codebreaker

Single-Sixer
Google has an explanation but basically when somebody becomes "too successful", they are scrutinized and criticized in order to cut down the tall poppy that is sticking up above the others.

mirglip

Single-Sixer

contender

Ruger Guru
The tall poppy comment is referring to Dolly. He wasn't "addressing it" to anyone here.

I have watched a lot of various stuff when Dolly was being interviewed. Including stuff like referenced here to her association with certain groups etc. If you actually look at what she's saying,, she is not political, nor trying to push an agenda or whatever. She does put forth a lot of comments that if you truly understood her approach to everything,, she's just more accepting & forgiving than many.
I too have heard that she's done things like donate money to liberal causes, or liberal politicians or such stuff. However,, IF,, IF,, she does,, it's not done with a bunch of fanfare or hoopla publicity. Or at least I've never seen it shown directly. She may endorse Hillary, or Biden or whatever. But she doesn't go out & stump for them publicly either.
Basically she's more private than most mega stars.

Lets look at it a bit differently.

How about Ted Nugent? He is a very solid American, and very pro-gun. He uses his fame as a platform FOR our rights. And we here applaud him for that.

Dolly has done a LOT of good for many, many, many NON-POLITICAL causes,, as well as keeping her personal views as private as she can.

We get it JackBull,, you do not like her. That's fine. It's your right. I'd still stand beside you as a good person who fights for his beliefs. As a Veteran,, I swore an oath,, and in my heart it was for all Americans. I may severely disagree with many,, but I'll fight for their right to express their views.

JackBull

Buckeye
I think there was some assumption that loving the sinner was "encouraging" their sin. I reject that concept completely.
In no way did I imply that loving a sinner is wrong. I said that encouraging sin is not Biblical. Please reread and understand my posts before making such implications. If still confused, you can always ask.