stainless ruger#1 357 mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

carlsflh

Bearcat
just got back from my gunsmith when he first saw it he said it looked like a matte ss finish .as soon as he closely looked at it he thinks it's either a matte finished hard chrome or electroless nickel like colt used on the early lightweight commanders .so it looks like it was one of the unmarked cph association guns that was refinished.he also said whoever did it did a excellent job

chet15

Hawkeye
OK, but you'd still need some documentation from Ruger to be sure , or at least to convince me and other skeptical Ruger single shot aficionados.

Got any item ID numbers we can look at? Also, stocks can be switched around very easily from one rifle to another, so not very definitive.

True, but not with walnut stocks. I should have stated that in my response.

exactly!

This happened all the time. Usually, is was due to the way Ruger stored and assembled rifles. They did not pay much attention to producing things in serial number order. They just grabbed a receiver out of the bin and made whatever the flavor of the day was. I once had a rifle that if you went by when the receiver was made, seemed to have sat around the warehouse for 7-8 years, and it was on an RSI from before this variation was introduced. An unlikely scenario

On this last note.... except.... pretty tough to have Ruger retro number a stainless receiver that is 130,000 numbers earlier than the earliest known stainless production (133-7xxxx).

protoolman

Service-Sixer
How many "stainless" guns are advertised on even gun broker that are plated? I see lots of them. Lots of Mossberg mariner shotguns etc. All plated.

Latest posts