STAINLESS OLD MODEL BIRDSHEAD VAQUERO 45LC FOR TRADE.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

southernbuck101

Single-Sixer
Greetings fellow enthusiasts of the Old model Birdshead Vaquero.

I picked up this Jewel off of a regional site recently, when I just happened to have some cash.

I've lusted over these guns for years and finally got lucky.
It's exactly what I was looking for with the exception of Caliber.
I'm sure there are those here that would likely think I'd lost my mind not to love the 45LC.
But I really have nothing against the caliber, it's just that I've nothing else that shoots 45LC,so I really hate to start another caliber at this point of my life.
Not saying I won't, but I'd much rather trade it for another of the same OM BH Vaquero stainless configuration (stainless is an absoulte must) in 357 would be my preference.

I would settle for 45acp or possibly 44 mag as well.Although 44 mag would be my 3rd choice.
44 special is ammo I have on hand and does not sound quite so rude ,recoil wise in this platform.

Again,stainless is a must.
But I'd also accept a New Model Birdshead Vaquero in these calibers.
I'd even consider a White Bird Single Six BH VAQUERO.
I can +or - cash if needed and will cover shipping and insurance from my FFL to yours for my gun and expect the same.
If a trade I'm suggesting appeals to anyone I'm all ears and motivated.
This pistol resides in Northeast Georgia 30 miles north of the Atlanta bypass ( I -285) near Lake Lanier for Georgia Residents.
Carry permit in hand.
More pics available upon request.
and thanks for your time and consideration.
17073650875775286532006105999866.jpg
17073649944475659831582881821091.jpg

Attachments

• 17073649368463897336846461569324.jpg
    17073649368463897336846461569324.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 30

hittman

Staff member
Rules …..

1. Post an asking price, period. No Auctions, No Links to Auctions. (Simply use the new Auction Section for these items.) Items offered for trade should have a reasonable dollar value posted.

contender

Ruger Guru
A polite piece of information.

Ruger never made an "Old Model Vaquero." The Old Models are the 3-screw, non-transfer bar safety type.

All Vaquero's are New Models. But a larger framed Vaquero is called an "Original" Vaquero as opposed to the "New Vaquero."

This info can prevent a newer Ruger fan from confusion & possibly a mistake in buying something.

southernbuck101

Single-Sixer
I understand.
It's just a pesky habit for me to break,as that's kinda all I referred to them as,prior to finding this great community.
But thanks for reminding me, Sir.

It has also been brought to my attention that there must be a sale price on an item, even though my intentions were hopefully to trade it for basically the same gun and configuration. But in another caliber I already have on hand , as opposed to starting a stash of another expensive caliber,as I don't reload.
I didn't expect that when I listed it, and I don't want to over price it because I've lusted over these Stainless Birdsheads for quite some time and finally found one affordable.
It was advertised incorrectly in my local classified website is likely the reason I could afford it .
So I'll just throw a number on here that new ones sell forgings the Junk fees on GB.which I'd think 900. Is about right for the large frame original model.
They don't pop up as often as the newer small frame models.
Correct me if I'm wrong or misleading in my thinking here.
Thanks.

southernbuck101

Single-Sixer
I had one of these and sold it. Had a .45LC Marlin lever action, and sold that too. Had some ammo left and casings too. Great guns! Good luck!
I think we all have several we regret selling.
Probably the Ruger that I'm the sickest over selling is a stainless skeleton in 25-06.
Next would be the same rifle in 243 with rifle sights.

But I have a 1894CSBL in 357 is like to have a stainless BHV to go with.

I also have a 1894 stainless and Walnut in 44 mag.
And as brutal as it sounds, I'd entertain a BHV 44Mag to pair up with it.
I do have a few hundred 44 special rounds though.

Latest posts