Stainless 10/22 w/ Laminated Mannlicher Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This Guy

Bearcat
Hi,

I recently came across a stainless 10/22 with a black laminated mannlicher stock in a lgs. I know the mannlicher is not for everyone but I liked the looks of it. The price seemed a little high but I'm thinking of picking it up. Does anyone have any experience with these? How common Are they? I got the sense that they were not uncommon but I haven't run across one before. Any and all thoughts/comments are are appreciated.

Thanks!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Over the years,,, Ruger built different mannlicher stocked 10/22's. The one you mention may be the Wally World special they did several years ago. I own one as they sold them at a good price. Still, they are a desirable gun to many!

Rocdoc

Buckeye
There are more recent versions than the Walmart laminate from Sports South as you likely know, I handled one at a gun show and it was very nice. Think these are much more rare than the regular 10/22 versions, folks love or hate the RSI, I have not seen them for sale very often. What is the asking price? Should not be more than $300ish based on sales I know of NIB versions from Talo (walnut) and Sports South (laminated). Sort of expensive for a 10/22 compared to the low-end versions, but worth it to me. RSIs from Ruger are my favorite, nothing ever looks better to my eye.

This Guy

Bearcat
Thank you both for the responses. My sense is that this was a fairly new model. He had mentioned that he could order more. He was asking $370 for it. His prices are generally pretty reasonable but this seemed a little high to me. I really do like the looks of this rifle.

The stainless 10/22 with mannlicher stocks are really nice looking. I saw one about a year ago for $350. It had a stain wooden stock though, not laminate. I only remember because I couldn't afford it at the time and haven't seen one since. :D

Rocdoc

Buckeye
This Guy said:
Thank you both for the responses. My sense is that this was a fairly new model. He had mentioned that he could order more. He was asking $370 for it. His prices are generally pretty reasonable but this seemed a little high to me. I really do like the looks of this rifle.

Checked GunBroker, several blue walnut RSIs out there ~$300, walnut and laminated versions generally sold for the same price regardless of blue or SS in my experience, but add shipping and transfer fees, maybe your LGS at $370 not that bad, I'd ask for $350 OTD if you really want the rifle, seller is still making $$ even at that price. The laminated Sports South version I handled at a gun show would have been $325 OTD a couple years ago. You should buy it, you will not regret, even if a few dollars higher, you won't miss the bucks in a couple of months.

This Guy

Bearcat
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the enablers. I may have to stop by this weekend and pick it up!

Hellraiser

Single-Sixer
I have one... never regretted buyin' it. Taught my kids how to shoot with it....

038_zpsgt0k2yex.jpg

dakota1911

Buckeye
I had a couple I got years ago as regular Ruger products. Before the laminated stocks. Here they are flanking a No. 1 in 30-06. Since I took that picture I sold one to a guy that wanted a rifle for his son. I like the long stock but I know some people don't.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Dakota, those are 3 beautiful Rugers! I recently bought a 2013 RSI,,10/22. I got it for 300.00. Trigger is heavy, but I ordered a kit from Brownells, Power Custom 2 3/4 lb. I added auto release stop, bolt buffer stop. Ruger has a nice leather sling with a magazine pouch. Nikon with BDC scope. I had golf balls dancing last week with it. And shooting with sun slightly to my back, got to see .22's in flight to target. That was cool. shooting at 100 yrds.,watching them arc into target.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
I looked at VQ,, bought VQ bolt buffer,,then I watched a cat on you tube cut threads and bolt head off a .71 cent nylon bolt, .250 dia., put in receiver. After I spent 10.00 And VQ auto release.