SRH 454

Help Support Ruger Forum:

soufpaw

Bearcat
Trigger snob,,,,,now that's a new one. HeHe. Do you know why you
can't even begin to compete with a Ruger in competitions against a
T/C Contender? If you havn't figured it out yet, you will eventually.
Didn't mean to get into a hissing contest. Just stating facts. You cannot
take a ruger out of the box and compete and win.

Soufpaw

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
s4s4u":26n108hn said:
What's not to love
DSC00023.jpg

Couldn't resist

For my tastes, that SRH has a face only a mother could love. To make matters worse it's been further disfigured by a scope. :)

But if everybody liked the same things as me, I wouldn't be able to afford the things I like, because excessive demand would drive the prices up too high - so I'm all in favor of diverse tastes. The more of a minority I'm in the better, because then I get to buy the "crap" no one else wants at bargain prices. :wink:

StonewallRuger

Single-Sixer
I guess it's not TOO bad. That is a massive scope on that one, though. haha

I just prefer the look and durability of good ol' stainless steel. To each his own.

s4s4u

Hunter
in competitions

You do realize that your use is in the minority? The vast majority Ruger revolver purchases are for hunting and personal defense. And for those purposes the factory triggers on every one of my rugers, sans SP101's, is more than adequate. Not to say they couldn't be made better but do they "have to".....? I don't think so.

Redhawk4

Single-Sixer
It seems if you are talking competition use, almost no gun, other than something built specifically for competition use, would not require trigger work for optimum performance.

Remember that factory triggers are created with balance in mind. They are walking a tight rope between "shootability" and law suits arising from accidental discharges. When you go and get a trigger job done the responsibility falls on your head, so you have a lot more options. There are also some economic constraints with regards to how much hand polishing and finishing of parts would cost to give the smoothest pull.

I carry various handguns as a concealed weapons permit holder. I don't see it being adviseable to carry a loaded DA revolver or Semi Auto (especially one with no safety)with a target weight trigger. The long pull and weight are effectively the safety. Although "brandishing a weapon" is frowned on, I also don't want a gun that might go off too easily in a SD situation, if it reverted quickly back to a situation where I felt I was not justified in firing. Under stress how often do you hear "it just went off". Many would advise against ever cocking a DA revolver to fire SA in such circumstances.

Target shooting and hunting guns can be set up very differently, as they are only fired at a certain place and time, but factory guns will always have an "attorneys" trigger pull.

And finally to stay on topic, regarless of the trigger pull, I don't want Target Gray :)