SR9c range report - trigger reset update

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LexRex

Bearcat
Ruger Nut10":2s81nro9 said:
I have had my SR9c do the same thing. 10 rounder works great and now I have been twice to the range, once with the mag disconnect next time I removed the disconnect and the 17 rounder still is iffy when the trigger will reset. Not a good thing when your life depends on it. I guess it is time to call Ruger.

Ugh, too bad. Definitely call, they acted like I was the first call on this issue and they hadn't heard anything about the 17 rounders.

LexRex

Bearcat
Update. I received my SR9c today and the note they included was that they replaced the trigger bar and fired 60 test rounds. They threw in an extra 17 rounder, even though I asked for a 10 rounder. Oh well. The trigger is noticeably better, not sure what the deal is with that. The stack up is smoother and it seems to break a bit cleaner.

I will check back in with a range report.

bigfanofsr9

Bearcat
LexRex":3j5dvf85 said:
kscott":3j5dvf85 said:
FWIW, I'd take the mag dc out and give it another whirl. It easily goes in and out. It would kind of help eliminate whether it had to do with the mag dc or not. I'm just really curious.

Also does it do this when dry firing? I would think if it was the mag dc it would. Then you could take out the mag dc and try it dry firing to see if it made a difference.

If I dry fire and then rack the slide, the trigger resets. Very odd.

Don't do this often without the mag DC removed, otherwise you'll damage the striker

revhigh

Hawkeye
LexRex":23bx5w6u said:
Definitely call, they acted like I was the first call on this issue and they hadn't heard anything about the 17 rounders.

LOL !! That's standard SOP for Ruger's customer service. They never heard of ANYTHING wrong with a Ruger gun before .... EVER. Every single instance is 'the first they ever heard of'.

They'll fix it for you no problem, but it is funny how they tell virtually every single customer that they never heard of their issue before ... it's almost laughable.

Click no bang on the P345 ? ..... Nope .... never heard of that before .... except for those 2 pallets of guns that we have in the back that have been sent back because they won't fire. Other than that .... never heard of it. LOL.

REV

Rugerlvr

Bearcat
Ok, I finally took the gun to the range, almost five months after buying it...

And guess what? I had trigger reset issues from the get-go. I guess I'm calling Ruger tomorrow.

ETA 7/12: Ok, I called Ruger and they want it back. I'm getting a shipping label shortly.