SR9 trigger bar upgrade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
ConradM":21llvvz4 said:
Gunsby_Blazen":21llvvz4 said:
i read on the site that there would be some slight modification required for the bar to work...

i am new to this kind of thing, so what kind of modification are they talking about?

Pretty sure I saw a "drop-in" trigger bar.

Yes you did, there's a 4.5 lb Ranger bar for other makes , its may be just a matter of time before they get one out for the SR-9. Any lower trigger pull than that may be too low for a carry gun.. I know I want one!

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
We will be offering the 3.5 LB Rocket for Rugers (requires minor fitting), a drop-in 3.5 LB Trigger Connector & 5.0 LB Tactical for Rugers (requires minor fitting). The pricing will be starting @ $19.95.

http://www.ghostblock.com/

this was the "minor fitting" that i was referring to.

furthermore:
SECTION IV: CONCLUSION

The GHOST ROCKET & TACTICAL are not drop-in parts they must be fitted to each pistol. Fitting entails the shortening of the stop tab located on the ROCKET & TACTICAL. If you choose to install these parts yourself please read the instructions and go very slowly. Call us if you have any questions before beginning. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
located on this page
http://www.ghostblock.com/category/istallationinstructions/

this is what i was talking about, but as this installation instructions indicate, the fitting is done to the Ghost trigger components and not the handgun. I raised the question before finding the answer...
of course, this applies to two different handguns, the SR9 and the Glock but the on the Ruger "introduction" it indicated that some fitting is required so i inquired about it here. later, i found out after further investigating on the Ghost Trigger site that the fitting was done to the Ghost components.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Gunsby_Blazen":gv18j2v0 said:
We will be offering the 3.5 LB Rocket for Rugers (requires minor fitting), a drop-in 3.5 LB Trigger Connector & 5.0 LB Tactical for Rugers (requires minor fitting). The pricing will be starting @ $19.95.

http://www.ghostblock.com/

this was the "minor fitting" that i was referring to.

furthermore:
SECTION IV: CONCLUSION

The GHOST ROCKET & TACTICAL are not drop-in parts they must be fitted to each pistol. Fitting entails the shortening of the stop tab located on the ROCKET & TACTICAL. If you choose to install these parts yourself please read the instructions and go very slowly. Call us if you have any questions before beginning. Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
located on this page
http://www.ghostblock.com/category/istallationinstructions/

this is what i was talking about, but as this installation instructions indicate, the fitting is done to the Ghost trigger components and not the handgun. I raised the question before finding the answer...
of course, this applies to two different handguns, the SR9 and the Glock but the on the Ruger "introduction" it indicated that some fitting is required so i inquired about it here. later, i found out after further investigating on the Ghost Trigger site that the fitting was done to the Ghost components.

Their web sight show a 4.5 lb Ranger "DROP IN " no fitting needed to gun or trigger bar . No sanding , ect...... It's to be seen if they come across with this for the SR9. The E-mail I got from Ghost leads me to believe they are.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
please correct me, but why does it say "(requires minor fitting)" ???
it says drop in, but it also says very boldly (twice) that it requires minor fitting.

maybe i am confused,
do you have more information on this??
if so, please tell me because i am having a misunderstanding.
i did not see anything on ranger connectors, only the Rocket and Tactical trigger...

what i am thinking, is that these are in fact drop in triggers that require just a tad bit of filing to make sure they work...

this minor fitting does not take away from it being "drop in"

or am i completely wrong on all of this?
can someone point me in the right direction? or post an actual quote? i tend to do better when i read primary sources...

again, sorry if i seem all worked up over this, i am not... i just want to be on the same page as everyone else...

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Gunsby_Blazen":2a9uj1bm said:
it says drop in, but it also says very boldly (twice) that it requires minor fitting.

maybe i am confused,
do you have more information on this??
if so, please tell me because i am having a misunderstanding.
i did not see anything on ranger connectors, only the Rocket and Tactical trigger...

what i am thinking, is that these are in fact drop in triggers that require just a tad bit of filing to make sure they work...

this minor fitting does not take away from it being "drop in"

or am i completely wrong on all of this?
can someone point me in the right direction? or post an actual quote? i tend to do better when i read primary sources...

again, sorry if i seem all worked up over this, i am not... i just want to be on the same page as everyone else...

Pleas click on the "link" in post #13. Note it says in capital letters NO fitting required with a RANGER drop in. The instruction beyond step #1 are for the other different styles of trigger bars like the Rocket,Tactial.ect...... One of our members is going to do a write up on this as soon as he gets one. have a good day.....

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Gunsby_Blazen":1y8hjxjt said:

maybe i am confused,
Yep. They are going to offer several different options. One is drop in, the other require minor fitting. So both options are true.

tango6

Bearcat
my sr9 trigger gets heavier with every trip to the range. I have my CC & file on standby. just wish they would hurry up getting this thing to market.

Gunsby_Blazen

Single-Sixer
ahhh, ok
GOTCHA!
thanks!

I was wondering about that -that there might be different models and i was reading about a different one that you were talking about

alrighty, now I know.......
.......and knowing is half the battle!

scmartin23

Bearcat
I really would like one of these triggers, but after 6200 rounds my stock trigger feels pretty good. The funny thing is that my S&W model 10 feels smooth and light in double action after shooting the SR9 so much.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
scmartin23":1slzw9gr said:
I really would like one of these triggers, but after 6200 rounds my stock trigger feels pretty good. The funny thing is that my S&W model 10 feels smooth and light in double action after shooting the SR9 so much.

Thats because your trigger finger is twice the size as it use to be ! :D

scmartin23

Bearcat
My trigger finger isn't any bigger, but I know it has certainly has been "conditioned" to the heavy trigger pull. I'm so used to it now that it just seems natural

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
scmartin23":27i63s4r said:
My trigger finger isn't any bigger, but I know it has certainly has been "conditioned" to the heavy trigger pull. I'm so used to it now that it just seems natural

hehehehehe! just joking!

scmartin23

Bearcat
I knew what you meant. It just seems kind of funny that when I took my first CCW class all I had was my model 10 S&W. The double action was not very easy to maintain proper trigger conttrol. Now after 6000 rounds or so in the SR9 it is no problem. My SR9 trigger is pretty good but the possibility of the Ghost upgrade has me drooling and foaming at the mouth.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Burley":1we70axu said:
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_STH/GI_STEALTH.html

On a side note, has anybody tried this carry system? Looks kinda cool and tuckable after a fashion.
I think anyone who carries this way, or with a competing product called the clipdraw, is being stupid. Shoving a Glock into your pants without a holster that properly covers your trigger is just asking to get your jewels blown off.

Can we spell "NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE"?

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Jumping Frog":ttqhxdra said:
Burley":ttqhxdra said:
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_STH/GI_STEALTH.html

On a side note, has anybody tried this carry system? Looks kinda cool and tuckable after a fashion.
I think anyone who carries this way, or with a competing product called the clipdraw, is being stupid. Shoving a Glock into your pants without a holster that properly covers your trigger is just asking to get your jewels blown off.

Can we spell "NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE"?

+1 Frog, I heard about a man who did that in Michigan with a Glock and shot himself!

Burley

Bearcat
Easy there boys, The Sr 9 HAS a safety and I use it just for this reason. If I'm going to jam a loaded gum into my waistband, I'll set the safe then safe off when in carry position.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
Burley":1snx06nl said:
Easy there boys, The Sr 9 HAS a safety and I use it just for this reason. If I'm going to jam a loaded gum into my waistband, I'll set the safe then safe off when in carry position.

Just hope the safety doesnt get caught on some thing going in! :( a button! Its your call.. :D If it was going in a holster =no problem for sure. With my luck ,I'd be that 1/100000 guy that did get shot . lol lol

ConradM

Blackhawk
Meh, safety aside... Carrying your gun with a single clip just doesn't seem very stable. My Mtac uses a big slab of leather and two big clips and that's secure.

and an Mtac or Supertuck are just as concealed if not more than that clip. Not to mention what a pain in the ass it would be to re-holster.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Burley":3fzhoqlb said:
The Sr 9 HAS a safety
Yes it does have a safety, which is one reason I bought it instead of a Glock.

Even with a safety, a handgun is still safer in a holster with the trigger covered. Period.

Basic gun safety rules acknowledge that safety devices are mechanical devices that can fail. After all, even with the safety on I wouldn't sweep you with my muzzle or press the muzzle against my head and pull the trigger.

Latest posts