SR9 Thumbs up or down?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR9 thumbs up or down?

• Yes. The bugs have been worked out. Love mine etc...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I do not like them Sam I am.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2ndamd

Bearcat
I went to the range and shot one a few days ago. The trigger needs work but it felt great in my hand. It was about as accurate as a Glock. Definitly NOT a CZ or Beretta. But, decent enough for combat.

Have they got all the bugs worked out yet?

photofree

Bearcat
Take mine out shoot it all I can afford and come back happy. The trigger does not need work, Its a semi cocked srtiker and feels just like what it is. If you want a single action 4lb (or whatever) trigger don't buy an SR9, buy a 1911 and pay somebody twice what its worth to fix it up for you.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I think the SR series pistols still have a way to go and Ruger will put improvements into them as time goes by as they do to most of their guns. My 2008 P95 is an awesome pistol, not one problem so far. Did these guns have any problems when they were introduced?

john16443

Single-Sixer
If we take the poll literally, responses should be for the SR9 only. I bought mine used in May 2010 and haven't had issue one with it. It was a post recall gun from March 2009 and have done nothing more than a josh buff of the trigger components and ghost ultimate install. These were not necessary mods, but were done anyway. Way over 2500 rounds through it since I took ownership, use any combo of new and gun show reload ammo.

A

Anonymous

I own the SR9c and have found it to be an excellent pistol. I've had it for two months and have put about 500 rounds through it without a single hiccup. The ONLY issue mine had was the mag release pin trying to work it's way out while shooting. A little Loctite seems to have cured that.

45K20E4

Bearcat
I have had mine for a few weeks. Put about 300 rounds through it so far and love it. The pistol is very accurate, and the trigger is as good as any other striker pistol I have shot (several Glocks, Steyr M40, Walther P99).

sparks701

Bearcat
I'm pretty lucky I have had mine since 08' and have not had any issues with mine, except the week and a half inconveinence of the recall, but the free mag and baseball cap made up for it in my opinion.

jhearne

Buckeye
kscott said:
john16443 said:
a josh buff

:lol:
Josh, looks like you've got an official name for it.

Negative Ghost Rider, we're gonna need to come up with a new name for this, "Josh Buff" isn't working.

My SR9 has been flawless aside from 2 user induced problems. One time at the range the Mag wasn't seated completely, my fault. The other was last weekend when I intentionally limp wristed to generate a failure. However, I went out of my way to produce this failure.

It's safe to say the SR9 has had the bugs and teething issues worked out.

Josh