sr9 holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

leadchucker62

Bearcat
good day all:
i just purchased a new sr9,for idpa shooting and now i'm looking for a owb holster for it that is suitable for idpa shooting.
i would prefer leather with a spare mag pouch.
any ideas
anyone

thanks Z

agksimon

Bearcat
Whatever you buy, make sure it's IDPA approved, or they won't let you use it. It has to be non-collapsible, so you can re-holster with one hand. This is why most IDPA shooters use a kydex holster.

surly

Bearcat
I use a blade-tech holster for my SR9 in USPSA. I've read that if you remove the drop and offset adapter that it would be good to go for IDPA if using the "stingray" belt attachment. In the picture the adapter is the piece between the holster itself and the belt attachment (mine is the Tek-Lok version). The adapter lowers the holster and angles it out from the hip. When removed the holster sits right next to the belt and can be adjusted to tilt forward or backward if needed. I ordered mine from Red Dot Shooting. Here is a link to what they claim is IDPA legal. www.reddotshooting.com Free shipping on orders over $50, but that might only apply in the States. They were very helpful with getting me set up for competition gear.
Holster.JPG

surly

Bearcat
chupa88":3hmqtbug said:
Yes, that is what I currently have for shooting USPSA only. However, if you plan on shooting IDPA & USPSA then you would be better served with this setup.

http://www.reddotshooting.com/blade-tech-dohdroppedandoffsetholsterwithstingraybeltloop.aspx

You would have to remove the DOH adapter before using it for IDPA, which would change it into the configuration I first suggested. I believe the tek-lok belt loop, which I have, doesn't meet IDPA criteria for some reason, thus the suggestion of the stingray belt loop. I started off with the stingray belt loop which is more secure, tighter fit. However, I ended up with the tek-lok belt loop since I have two different pistols I switch between. I like the feature of switching them out without having to thread the belt through the loops each time I change holsters.

Please note that Red Dot Shooting labels which holster setups are IDPA approved. They are competitive shooters so I would assume they have confirmed this in some manner or another. Give them a call, they were very happy to help when I dealt with them.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
I use the same holster I use for my EDC rig: Crossbreed Supertuck.

-JT

uspsashooter

Bearcat
For USPSA I used a Blackhawk kydex holster that was fitted for the Springfileld XD Non Serpa. Since I bought my new SR9 I also purchased Blackhawk's Serpa holster for the SR9. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet but I'm sure it will work great.
Gunner out