SR9 holster?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

diligent1

Bearcat
Will the Desantis Tuck holster work with the SR9? Anyone use one on a regular basis? Comments and pics welcome. Thanks. Great site with lots of info.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
Yes, it will work. I've used it on mine because it is an easy way to carry a spare magazine.

However, I don't recommend it. Look at the below image.

M24.jpg

The belt is used to keep the holster from pulling up and out of the pants, but the belt does not hold the holstered gun up. The fabric of your pants actually bears all the weight, not the belt.

Look at this picture:

635362.jpg

There is a shiny black outer J-hook that is mounted on that matte black plastic backing part. There is a channel in between the two parts which your pants waistband slips into. As mentioned, your waistband actually holds the weight.

The other problem is the gun constantly wants to rotate forward so the grip is pointing almost straight up. I have to wear my belt VERY tight to keep this from rotating if I use this holster.

If the spare magazine is the reason you want to use this holster, a better answer is the "Pro Stealth". The holster clip slips over thebelt and holds the weight. It is far more secure to carry. It's primary disadvantage is not being able to easily carry with an FBI-style forward cant.

N87.jpg

I like my Pro Stealth as well. However, I actually switched away from both of these holsters to use a Crossbreed Supertuck.

scmartin23

Bearcat
My daily carry holster for my SR9 is a Galco leather OWB Conn226B
[http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=219&GunID=47]
It cost about $100 but is comfortable for all day use. I didn't like forking over the money but am glad I did.