SR9 Broke

Help Support Ruger Forum:

graygun

Hunter
I kind of wonder about dry firing,in general. Do the parts "like" not having a load...not striking a primer or cap?

Cheesewhiz

Hunter
Any gun, when fired, the firing pin is designed to hit something. With a striker fired gun that firing pin is much like that of a rifle but on most models of pistols is contained in a housing. If the pin has no place to go but forward it will cause an issue if no round or snap cap is in place.

Bracsim

Bearcat
I carry my SR9 -24/7, over 3000 rounds thru it and not a single problem. I`m extremely pleased with this gun.

scmartin23

Bearcat
My SR9 is my daily carry piece. Approx 5200 rounds so far. I had or noticed some peening at about 4600 rounds and sent my gun back for repair. Ruger returned the gun to me within two weeks with a new barrel.
Do I have complete confidince in "my" gun...yes. Have I trained consistently...yes, at least one combat class a month. Can I deploy my SR9 from concealment and get a shot on target..yes. Am I a hot shot.....hell no, I'm an aged 53 year old man with extermely poor eyesight but at least I train to WIN.