SR22 Pistol Slide Maintenance

Help Support Ruger Forum:

eric2684

Bearcat
I was cleaning my SR22 today, which has had about 1,000 rounds through it. I realized that the tip of the firing pin and the part of the firing pin channel I could see had some black build up. I tried to remove the roll pin that holds the firing pin/bolt assembly in the slide by using a punch. I hit the punch multiple times with a hammer using a decent amount of force, but it didnt budge. Should I just leave it alone, or should I re-attempt to knock the pin out?

6gun

Hunter
I would leave it alone, I just wipe my out the best I can with a cloth and light gun oil, the firing pins going to get black again first time you shoot the gun.

eric2684

Bearcat
6gun said:
I would leave it alone, I just wipe my out the best I can with a cloth and light gun oil, the firing pins going to get black again first time you shoot the gun.

Thanks for the advice, and nice quote "IMPEACH THE COMMIE" A village in Kenya is missing it's idiot."

6gun

Hunter
RedlegM109A1 said:
There should be no apostrophe in "its." "It's" means "it is" not possessive.

Ah.... another spelling Nazi, I can have a apostrophe if I want, it's my writin' and I'll write it how I want it writin' :lol: