SR1911 with 22 Lr Conversion Units (New Pic added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The Wall

Single-Sixer
buscadero said:
Chef With A Gun said:
Just got my Advantage Arms 1911-T today and after a clean and lube I installed it on my SR1911 and took to the range. I put 200 rounds through it with not a single hang up.

Hey, No holes in the target!...... 200 rounds? :lol:
Looks great.
Jim
That's not the gun's fault. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
gumpys said:
I owned a GSG 1911 22lr and did not care for it one bit , the fit and finish were crap, didn't care for the sights, trigger was horrible I know its a 22 but still. I thought it would be a winner since I own a GSG 522 rifle and it has been amazing still after 20,ooo rounds plus. Also, seen more than a couple guys that ended up with cracked slides and frames. I sold it and now am going to get one of the advantage arm conversion kits, hearing nothing but good things about them .

I think you're the FIRST person I've heard that didn't like the GSG 1911-22. Mine is excellent in every way ... especially fit and finish. It is not as accurate as ANY MKI, II, or III, and THAT disappoints me, but it's still very accurate. I use it primarily for steel shooting when I don't feel like shooting 45's.

I've loved my GSG 1911-22 since day one, and probably 6 or 7 others at my club feel the same. They can't keep them in stock in my area.

Sorry to hear you didn't like yours. You must have gotten one made on Friday afternoon or Monday morning.

REV

A

Anonymous

revhigh said:
gumpys said:
I owned a GSG 1911 22lr and did not care for it one bit , the fit and finish were crap, didn't care for the sights, trigger was horrible I know its a 22 but still. I thought it would be a winner since I own a GSG 522 rifle and it has been amazing still after 20,ooo rounds plus. Also, seen more than a couple guys that ended up with cracked slides and frames. I sold it and now am going to get one of the advantage arm conversion kits, hearing nothing but good things about them .

I think you're the FIRST person I've heard that didn't like the GSG 1911-22. Mine is excellent in every way ... especially fit and finish. It is not as accurate as ANY MKI, II, or III, and THAT disappoints me, but it's still very accurate. I use it primarily for steel shooting when I don't feel like shooting 45's.

I've loved my GSG 1911-22 since day one, and probably 6 or 7 others at my club feel the same. They can't keep them in stock in my area.

Sorry to hear you didn't like yours. You must have gotten one made on Friday afternoon or Monday morning.

REV

Rev,
I must have, since I was a fan of GSG after I bought their GSG 522 year and half ago and put over 10k+ rounds through it with no issues and still shoots better than any 22lr rifle I have shot. I'll see how the adavantage arms kit will work on my SR 1911, a few kimber 1911's and some colt 1911's, and my les baer. I will post some pics after I hit the range with about 6-7 1911's using the coversion kit.
Eric

revhigh

Hawkeye
Sounds good Eric !

Looking forward to your assessment on all those platforms !

REV

Question: My Ceiner conversion will not fit on my SR 1911.

Did you guys have do do some tweaking to get the pin to fit?

Snake45

Hawkeye
Old Anchorage Cop said:
Question: My Ceiner conversion will not fit on my SR 1911.

Did you guys have do do some tweaking to get the pin to fit?
The Cieners are made to very exacting specs. If a gun's not made to exact Colt specs, the unit might not fit. I have several frames that wouldn't take the Ciener unit, others that it fit fine, and one that I had to do some tweaking of an old slide stop to get it to work, but work fine it does.

What exactly is the problem? Let me guess: The unit goes on, but your slide stop hole doesn't line up perfectly? :?

Yup.

Thinking I will have to remove some metal from the frame below the pin so the barrel can nest in a bit deeper.

Just wanted to know if there were other options.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
hi, new here, my sr1911 has extra metal where barrel link is and my kimber .22 kits wont work! mine is serial# 1105x fsc. 11/09/11. bedrockfred

Well, I am thinking that I will need to find the right size dremel stone and CAREFULLY remove just a bit of that trough.

I have read that some people get a new link pin and grid it to a smaller diameter.

Not so sure I want to do that as it will leave the barrel slightly jacked up and may change the bullet point of impact.

If you go here:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=138860

........and enlarge the pics you can see a tiny two step ledge just ahead of the pin hole. I think just removing that tiny step will solve the problem.

FYI.... my Kimber does not have this step and I see no structural or functional reason to leave it there.

bedrockfred

Blackhawk
Yes sir, mine has the same two step under barrel, could it be ruger wants to sell there own brand .22 kit???? can you pos your serial# so we can see if this is on all frames, or are ours defective! bedrockfred