SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rasputin

Bearcat
Great condition Single Six .22 mag cylinder that I have no use for. Asking $85 shipped from Ohio. Money order or PayPal for payment.

Rasputin

Bearcat
I can't find my calipers, but it fits fine in my 1958 made Single Six. If your really interested, I have no problem holding the money until you know that it will fit.

wayneb

Bearcat
I will take the .22 mag cyl.if it fits an old model single six.
Wayne Byram

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Well. Seems things did not go well with this. I sent a PM with an offer, I believe prior to the "I will take it" also. Got a response stating "SPF"

Not quite up to forum standards. Chalk it up to a "newbie". I have.

Rasputin

Bearcat
To both Bearcat and kevin;

There was no way I could give you correct dimensions because I could not find my calipers, and I sent you a PM stating this, with the offer of selling it to you, and if it did not fit, refunding your money. In short Bearcat, you had a chance at this, but never responded to my PMs.

kevin, you lowballed my asking price with only a PM, and I decided not to take it because a member posted an "I'll take it" in this WTS add, which as anyone firearm forum member knows, is the way to seal a deal. I offered to sell it to you if the current deal fell through, and that offer is now retracted.
And since there are several members who want to add stomp/flame me in this add, if the current deal falls through, this cylinder will go to Gunbroker where sooner or later I'll get a better price than what I was asking on this forum.

Thanks a bunch guys, this is such a friendly and welcoming forum. Mods please lock this.

s4s4u

Hunter
A question asked or a PMed offer of less than the asking price doesn't trump an I'll take it. I'm with the OP on this one.

conder0289

Single-Sixer
I saw your reply, but I couldn't find my checkbook to seal the deal, I wasn't going to buy and try, especially from a newbie who can't keep track of his tools, sorry, but no way. Also you never sent me a PM, unless your confusing the message you posted here as a PM. As for selling the cylinder on Gunbroker, good luck, the people looking on there will also want to know dimensions, so go find your calipers and good luck

contender

Ruger Guru
First, the OP is new here, and actually posted info on his gun in another section. That was where he learned this cylinder was wrong for his gun. He ASKED if he could sell here. I call that polite. He was informed he could, and also in buying a correct cylinder for his gun to be sure to check the OAL.

When he posted this cylinder for sale, an honest question about OAL was asked. The OP replied he wasn't able to get an accurate measurement. An honest answer, followed by an honest offer of a refund if it didn't work.
Yes, the OP is new, but he appears to be trying to be good here.

Meanwhile, another person posts an "I'll take it."
While we do not have a hard, fast rule about that, in general, a full price acceptance does override any low offers or inquiries that appear to the OP at the same time.

conder0289,,, you were offered a chance to buy it & check it, and he would hold your $$ until you were satisfied. Calling a sale "s***y" is first, poor language for our Forum. Second, you didn't say you would take it.
In a private PM, I had told the OP to bring it to the show this upcoming weekend for me to look at. IF IT DIDN'T SELL. I had ample opportunity to buy it. I do not feel slighted at all by having someone post an "I'll take it."

Kevin, you may have sent a PM with a lower offer than the OP wanted to accept, but gave you an option in case it didn't sell to the person who posted an "I'll take it." From what I can see, the OP sent you a SPF after he got an "I'll take it". While many of us send a PM with an offer, the seller does not have to accept it.

While the OP is a newbie HERE,,, it appears he was trying hard to sell an item, for an asking price, and took the first full priced offer of acceptance. He tried to make it easy for anybody who had questions to make sure they were happy with the purchase.
I think the OP is fine, and that all things considered, handled this as best he could have.

conder0289

Single-Sixer
Contender,
you make a valid point, but I've been through this many times on Gunbroker, eBay and on here, how hard is it to give a measurement, but secondly, I wasn't given the chance to say I'll take it because I wasn't given the dimension I needed to make my decision. It just seems like a shill deal, a newbie buyer and seller on this item, I maybe wrong but that's beside the point, but am I not correct in saying, that if this goes to sale elsewhere, a measurement will be needed for people to decide, especially when dealing through the mail.

Also I did see his original post and looked to see if he posted the cylinder for sale, that how this all started.

hittman

Staff member
contender said:
He ASKED if he could sell here. I call that polite.

Yes, the OP is new, but he appears to be trying to be good here.

I think the OP is fine, and that all things considered, handled this as best he could have.

Agreed. 100%.