SPF: Ruger New Model Blackhawk, .45 Long Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

concretus

Bearcat
***SPF***
Hello,
I have for sale a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in cal. .45 Long Colt in very good condition 5 1/2" barrel, bore / rifling is clean and shiny... Excellent lock up. Hogue rubber grips. I do have the stock grips to be included. As you can see in the photos, The revolver has been refinished. The original finish had slight pitting and it was refinished in a matte blue finish. Great hunting handgun; will shoot standard .45 colt loads or heavy +P loads with no problem. 375.00 shipped to the address of your signed FFL copy. IM or email for any questions. Thanks for looking.

veeman

Single-Sixer
Someone took off a couple inches of barrel? Other than the Flattops, Ruger never made a 5 1/2" barrel in a regular Blackhawk.

Model
Number
Caliber Capacity Material/
Finish
Grips Sights Barrel
Length
Overall
Length
Weight Twist Suggested
Retail

0445 45 Colt 6 Alloy Steel/
Blued
Black, Checkered,
Hard-Rubber
Ramp Front,
Adjustable Rear
4.62'' 10.50'' 39 oz. 1:16'' $669.00
0455 45 Colt 6 Alloy Steel/
Blued
Black, Checkered,
Hard-Rubber
Ramp Front,
Adjustable Rear
7.50'' 13.38'' 42 oz. 1:16'' $669.00
0465 45 Colt 6 Alloy Steel/
Blued
Black, Checkered,
Hard-Rubber
Ramp Front,
Adjustable Rear
5.50'' 11.38'' 40 oz. 1:16'' $669.00

veeman

Single-Sixer
Really? I was under the impression only 7 1/2 and 4 5/8" barrels. Other than the Flattops. My mistake, never seen one in 5.5, other than a Flattop.

Xrayist

Single-Sixer
I think the barrel has been shortened and/ or the front sight moved. The front sight is too far back for a factory Ruger Blackhawk.

concretus

Bearcat
HW11 said:
That and the pitting by the front sight, looks like it was painted with a rattle can of rustoleum.

I had the handgun finished in a matte blue. Because of the pitting there was no way it would have come out for a polished blue finish. Does it change the way it shoots? No. Is it a sought after collector piece, No. I tried to be up front with you people. The barrel was that length when I bought it. Not every gun is a collector piece, where kooks will lay it on a velvet pillow in a safe and fondle it once in a while like they would themselves. It is a utility / hunting handgun that is accurate and serves a purpose. The price is fair considering what it is....although most people expect things should be give away. Just as the effort and consideration should be given from an individual selling an item to portray it as accurate as possible so not to be deceiving, consideration as a buyer looks at what an individual has to sell, It's condition ask questions if interested and make a fair offer. If not, move on...
I might get kicked off this site and that's fine; considering there are jerkoffs like you on it, one less site is no big deal...

flh79

Blackhawk
concretus,
Right on!!! I like how you explain it! Sometimes I feel the same way about some of these kooks and jerkoffs here.

veeman

Single-Sixer
I certainly meant no offence when asking about the barrel length. I only asked because I was not aware of any barrel length other than 7.5 or 4.5/8.

HW11

Single-Sixer
I never said I thought you were being dishonest about about your description. I had no intent on buying it so I should have not posted any comment about what you offered. My post was simply my opinion about what I observed. Unfortunately I do still have an opinion about things and sometimes speak when I should not.

HW11 said:
I never said I thought you were being dishonest about about your description. I had no intent on buying it so I should have not posted any comment about what you offered. My post was simply my opinion about what I observed. Unfortunately I do still have an opinion about things and sometimes speak when I should not.

You may have an opinion, but you obviously don't know when or where to post it! Even after respected members brought to fact the honesty and the obvious up front of this revolver you continue to try and justify your irresponsible posting habits!

I think that anyone that buy's this revolver will be getting exactly what it is explained as, a used specimen of the strongest production revolver in 45 Colt, with the ideal barrel length for most regardless if it was bobbed or came that way. it ain't a collectors item, so who cares how the barrel got the ideal length! It was advertised as used with some blemishes, and the inside of the barrel that matters was stated as bright and shiny, from a member who has went out of the way to show the blems the revolver had.

I also think only fool would expect a flawless gun at this price, or someone trying to screw another. This will make someone a great shooter or backup for areas large toothy critters like to eat people, and at a reduced price that will be hard to find a gun that is operational an still fill these needs!

Good Luck with yer sale, I think this will be a great by for someone looking for a working big bore that doesn't have to worry about babying it, with the power available to do anything they need! I can't believe it is still here, at this price it's a steel! The baddest Blackhawk available for under $400.00, to bad I just spent all my mad money on a new caliber and all the loading and casting gear for it with a new gun or I would be adding another 45 Colt to my cave at this price.

Gene

Single-Sixer
Man I love this forum and I can't believe this has gone on within this guy's sales ad! His original ad explained everything and I can't believe all these critics came aboard to slam his ad.

I had doubts about what could have produced those deep marks near the end of the barrel but he honestly showed the marks in his pictures and he said it was taken care of with the coating.

It really is what the internet is now...rude and a scary place!

Anyway, PM sent.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I'm glad to see the successful completion of a transaction. Looks to me like both parties are satisfied. That is a good thing.