Spanish Creek Sangre De Cristo range, with Willie the Welder

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Don Lovel

Hunter
I went to hang out with Willie the Welder and his horses yesterday, his house has this killer view of Spanish creek and 14k tall Crestone peaks

Willie is pretty talented at his craft

his latest project is this amazing Buffalo, he said he wants $30k for it when finished

Willie with his horses, The Appaloosa is 33yr old Apollo, super smart old horse Willie kept him in good shape last winter, still rides him a little and Sally a 14yr old mare, he has another 4yr old gelding he is working with now.

Don Lovel

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28 said:
LIKE IT ALL, YET, WOULD LIKE A PICTORIAL ABOUT APOLLO............
Willie has had him since he was a baby, traveled all over the country with him. Willie converted an old school bus into transport and RV for him and Apollo back in the day.
Both livin uncomplicated and comfortable in their older age now.
Willie was a city kid from NYC, said he always wanted a horse and to be a cowboy when he was a kid.
I will ask him if he has some good pics of Apollo when he was a little guy

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Don Lovel said:
HAWKEYE#28 said:
LIKE IT ALL, YET, WOULD LIKE A PICTORIAL ABOUT APOLLO............
Willie has had him since he was a baby, traveled all over the country with him. Willie converted an old school bus into transport and RV for him and Apollo back in the day.
Both livin uncomplicated and comfortable in their older age now.
Willie was a city kid from NYC, said he always wanted a horse and to be a cowboy when he was a kid.
I will ask him if he has some good pics of Apollo when he was a little guy

Thank you for the info and I'll hope for the pictures 8) :D

Latest posts