sp101's in various calibers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
"Circlergrugers",
I think I'm about half way there.
I'm missing the half lug 4" .22, a 2" 357, a 3" 9mm, a short frame 2" 125gr. .357, a short frame 2" .38 (not a special police version), a 'green grip' version (I did find some green grip inserts loose on e-bay!), and the new 327, among others. I need to sort out short frame and long frame on the .22s and 9mm. I know that there are both short and long frame full lug 4" .22s. I don't have any of the concealed hammer DAO.
Now I'm hearing of some subtle variations in some of the mechanisms, although current production is just .357, .38 and 327. I also need the 1989 'Kelly' poster to make a nicer show display!

Even so, it is a relatively small number to make up a complete collection and I do have some of the less common ones like the special order police versions. Except for the on going desirability for shooters, the guns seem to be currently available and have not yet drifted into 'collector' status. My biggest problem is the Ca. 'safe gun' list and corresponding laws. It makes it difficult to bring some of the older versions into the state.

Terry T