Sources for aftermarket grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Vortex

Bearcat
I am looking for another set to go on a new model blackhawk. Any companies I should be checking? I would rather not go with white if possible.

Thanks

hittman

Staff member
Members here make grips ......

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=152451

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=44251

These links are for 41Magnum and Sack Peterson. Others who frequent here include CaryC and I know there's one or two more but can't come up with their names at the moment.

we too like the Altamonts, and there are Ajax, Hogues, Eagles...........
LOTS of them out there, and subject ONLY to how much you want or are willing to spend on the 'type', look and material that floats YOUR boat!!

Vortex

Bearcat
Those are some great looking grips guys. A lot of the websites I was finding seemed to have a ton of White grips which I'm not digging to much right now. Those companies open up a ridiculous amount of options now.

I can recommend Pat Grashorn for beautiful, well-made and fairly priced elk antler grips.

They may be "white" but they aren't synthetic. They have to be handled to be fully appreciated.

DSC_0008-001.jpg

DSC_0005-001.jpg

Vortex

Bearcat
Those Elk grips look awesome. I could definitely get into those over a pair of plastic white grips. The bluing on your Python is pretty incredible too. I just saw a Python snubby and an Anaconda at a local gun shop yesterday. WOW! have they increased in value over the years!

dlhredfoxx

Single-Sixer
Second vote on Patrick Grashorn, also Sac Peterson for elk antler as well. Both are true artisans. I've got a couple pairs from both and they look right and feel right in the hand.

COR

Blackhawk
pvtschultz said:
I'm still making grips as well if any of my offerings fit your needs.

This fella gets my vote!!!...I'll get some pics of the last set of walnuts he did for my Bisley 44 Spl...superb job and most importanly he has a profile that fits your hand well with a flat bottomed cut.

Thanks again Carl!