some of my Brother's photography.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

It's good. So is your photography too. Do you like it? His effect (photoshop?) Is nice. It creates a certain feeling. If I were being nit picky I would day I don't like the subjects hat. The writing on it is distracting. As is the fold of the bill. And in the final picture the pistol on the left isn't pointing directly at the camera and is not in line with the pistol on the right. It is a good picture, but his attempt is to have the lines and angles all the same right? It's just off by a little.

My favorite is the third picture. How many others will say the same thing I wonder? For me it is because of the hat.

I take so many pictures of my daughter. And it just drives me crazy when I get home and only on the computer do I realize she has a GAP jacket on, or some t shirt with writing on it. So this is just my personal opinion, the pictures are good. Not sure if I'm too fond of the finger being right on the trigger.

street

Hunter
I like the pictures, very well done, BUT, NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER POINT A GUN at someone. That is a NO NO for safe gun handling.

LSCG

Buckeye
street said:
I like the pictures, very well done, BUT, NEVER NEVER EVER NEVER POINT A GUN at someone. That is a NO NO for safe gun handling.

Street, you are very correct. what I should have mentioned before hand is that not only were the 1911's cleared multiple times but the firing pins and the Hammers were completely removed. even if they were loaded there is no way they could have been fired. firearm safety is something my brother and I were taught from a young age and it is something we take very seriously. :)

Kevin said:
It's good. So is your photography too. Do you like it? His effect (photoshop?) Is nice. It creates a certain feeling. If I were being nit picky I would day I don't like the subjects hat. The writing on it is distracting. As is the fold of the bill. And in the final picture the pistol on the left isn't pointing directly at the camera and is not in line with the pistol on the right. It is a good picture, but his attempt is to have the lines and angles all the same right? It's just off by a little.

My favorite is the third picture. How many others will say the same thing I wonder? For me it is because of the hat.

I take so many pictures of my daughter. And it just drives me crazy when I get home and only on the computer do I realize she has a GAP jacket on, or some t shirt with writing on it. So this is just my personal opinion, the pictures are good. Not sure if I'm too fond of the finger being right on the trigger.

you don't like my hat! :eek: :lol:

no, I get what you're saying, certain things like that can be distracting. I actually wanted the cap because I thought the "Come and take it" logo was fitting for these kinds of pictures. the effects were done in Photoshop.

the last picture was more my fault as I had moved a little and didn't get the pistols lined back up better.

if I had to choose i'd say the first and third pictures are my favorites.

6gun

Hunter
Nothing personal but I don't like the subject of having the feeling of a gun pointed at me even if it is just a photo.

cadillo

Blackhawk
He has photography skills alright, but I'd be a little nervous about having those in the public domain. If he is ever forced to use deadly force, his attorney may be tasked with explaining the innocence of those photos and their relevance to his character and thought process to a judge and or jury. But hey, it's not going to affect me.

street

Hunter
CraigC said:
Very cool!

Poo-poo on the safety police and armchair litigators.
I agree!!! Safety is just pure stupid. If someone would get shot doing this who would care if the Democratic legislators would try to take our guns away!!!!! After all, negative press would never hurt anyone, and as a gun owner we would love all of the negative press, wouldn't we!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

LSCG

Buckeye
now lets not fight y'all, this thread was meant to show off some pictures not start a war.

safety is an excellent thing to preach but do y'all honestly think I would have pointed a functioning firearm at my brother? I wish you would have given me more credit than that.

to those that liked the pictures thank you for your comments, I made sure my brother saw them.

i'm going to go ahead and take these pictures down so there won't be any more trouble.

CraigC

Hawkeye
Zane, sorry the nannies here couldn't let your thread live.

street said:
I agree!!! Safety is just pure stupid. If someone would get shot doing this who would care if the Democratic legislators would try to take our guns away!!!!! After all, negative press would never hurt anyone, and as a gun owner we would love all of the negative press, wouldn't we!!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Drama queen. :roll: