SOLD: Thanks, Jim! Ruger M77 .257 Ackley Improved MINT SPF

Help Support Ruger Forum:

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
This is REALLY cool gun (and caliber) that I just never got around to working up a load for or even shooting it! I'm making room for some more #1's I'd like to display, so this is one of the first to go.

What interested me initially about this gun is that it has a factory "un-checkered" stock. When the action is removed, printed inside the barrel channel is "SPECIAL - SAVE". It isn't a profoundly beautiful stock...just has that neat black stripe running though it from end to end. Not sure why they would've left it uncheckered...or maybe that is more common than I realize...

I bought it from the original owner here in Colorado Springs, which is where the custom work was done...although I don't remember the gunsmith's name. The pictures should show the condition real well, and if there are any marks on the stock they are small enough I can't see them. There are a couple tiny marks on the trigger guard/floorplate and those should show in the pics.

Action job and trigger are SUPER smooth and slick. Barrel is very high-polish blued, indexed and re-stamped with .257 Ackley Improveed.

I figure $680 shipped ought to move it pretty fast, but feel free to make an offer if it sits here very long. Shipped from a private individual to your FFL.
IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h398/Byrnefish/IMG_0374.jpg[/IMG
[img]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h398/Byrnefish/IMG_0371.jpg
IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Thanks for lookin'!

Byrne

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
Still the Ruger factory barrel, it has just been machined and turned in another quarter turn. You can still see the "warning" just above the upper flat edge of the forearm. I mentioned the barrel had been indexed, since I understood that to mean the barrel had been turned in that extra quarter. I am NO gunsmith, but I assume that does something to help with accuracy/caliber improvement? Any info from you Ruger gurus out there is welcomed!

:shock: :D

Byrne

byrnefish

Single-Sixer
Yes, just the standard weight barrel, and I'm sure it has the factory twist rate for the .257 Roberts barrel. The guy I bought it from didn't mention anything about having the bore modifield at all. Thanks, and if I believe I have answered all the PM's...so let me know if I missed your question.

Byrne

Latest posts