*SOLD* fixed sight blued Redhawk, 45 Colt

Help Support Ruger Forum:

nmiller08

Bearcat
Pretty cool Redhawk, This was a conversion I had done by John Powers of Powers Metal Works. I don't recall the original barrel length but it was shortened to 4". Very tight lockup and nice action, it shoots heavy loads accurately and without complaint. Front sight is interchangeable and includes 3 blades as shown of varying heights. Only the one has a brass bead. Includes both the Hogue and original grips.

The Powers work was $1040 plus shipping, invoice will be included.
It's not the fit and finish of a show piece by any means, you can see some tooling marks in the rear sight window and the barrel ramp is slightly off center. I'm sure John could clean it up if you were so inclined. I just carried it in the woods while bowhunting for a couple years so it never bothered me and served its purpose well. I also have a Clark Fork Leather (now Paradise Valley) chest holster available if interested, if not I'll just sell it separately.

SOLD
$745 shipped.

Thanks, feel free to ask any questions.

UNELhRu.jpg

JN6HPlq.jpg

GiAibF0.jpg

4moJKOU.jpg

l8VycPr.jpg

3X5COxj.jpg

dn0sGQI.jpg

DemEMD8.jpg

nmiller08

Bearcat
Thanks Hittman, I used to use tinypic which was way more user friendly for getting a link to a resized image, sorry those are so darn big! I'll keep working on it but hopefully this helps for now.

PotatoJudge

Single-Sixer
That DX front base is nice. Screw on and hand-changed blades is the ultimate user-friendly arrangement.

GLWS

nmiller08

Bearcat
Thank you, it's very handy to be able to swap sights at the range when trying new loads without needing any tools or doodads.

nmiller08

Bearcat
Booshog said:
Can you post a pic of the rear sight picture?

Sorry for the delay, I had to take advantage of the end of the hunting season up here!

Added pics to the first post of the sight picture.

Thanks,
Nick

dixie884

Blackhawk
I'm sorry, I just missed it and my idle curiosity got the best of me. If I have offended, I apologize. It is a very unique, tasteful and useful custom. Thanx for the info.........

nmiller08

Bearcat
No offense at all! I was just curious why you were wondering. I know some people keep the old prices up when they update, I've figured the old price doesn't matter since it's less now! :mrgreen: But your question made me think maybe I was missing something.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I will say that either price would be quite reasonable. I'd like to have it but I bought a custom Redhawk a couple of months ago and funds are limited.......

nmiller08 said:
Thanks! Just let me know if interested.
I can't be the only weirdo who loves blued guns with fixed sights! :lol:

Nope... I'm a big fan of the S&W M58. Big serious no frills revolver in .41 Magnum. This gun reminds me of an M58.

Gregg