So whose gonna get the new SS 7- shot 327 fed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rclark

Hunter
I'm in for a 5 1/2!
If one shows up at my dealer ... I'll probably pick one up too. The Single Six platform is 'perfect' for the little .32 . As I said in another forum, I am rethinking the .32 now as 22LR is so hard to come by. The .32 would be my 'reloadable' 22 replacement cartridge. Load a 'relatively' light bullet to .22 velocities and we are good to go. No need to load you 'hyper' .327 velocities. Of course I'd prefer a 'six' shooter instead of a 'seven' and a blued revolver over SS ... but you take what you can get...

RABULL

Bearcat
I think I will be ordering one in the 4 5/8" and the 7 1/2" models. I am just pleased that Lipsey's is giving the .327 Fed. Magnum another chance. I agree that I think the .327 Magnum would have fared much better in the Single-Six Model than the 8 Shot Blackhawk Model. I really like the .327 Fed. Magnum but even I did not purchase the Ruger Blackhawk 8 Shot Revolver. Now the Single Six makes a lot of sense and I will be supporting this model by ordering two (2) of them!

9.3X62AL

Bearcat
9.3X62AL said:
I see a 4-5/8" variant in my future.

The shorter barrel would be my option, having a BH in 30 Carbine x 7.5" and a S&W Model 16-4 x 6" in 32 H&R Magnum. I would be just as happy with the Single-7 in 32 Mag, or as a 6-shooter. "Need" has little to do with this acquisition, I have the 30/32 caliber bases more than covered already--three revolvers in 32-20, and another in 32 S&W Long. I should have snagged one of the 8-shot BHs in 327, but snoozed at the switch. Now, they're gone.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Glupy said:
How is the 327 even possible in the Single Six? I thought that the cylinder length was too short. If Ruger has to lengthen the cylinder, it would have been cheaper/easier/faster to make the 327 in the Blackhawk. They already did that.

Glupy Dave

This, of course.
For years fans asked for a SingleSix Hunter in 32, even with a common .308" bore. Ruger was insistent that would never happen due to a couple of factors.
Whenever, whatever it will be, it will be a white gun (cheaper brushed finish), and hopefully be shy of a thousand bucks?
I will buy one when I see one as long as it is hunting-useable (adjustable rear sight min) and not un-necessarily heavy. Until then... well... 8)

CraigC

Hawkeye
Glupy said:
How is the 327 even possible in the Single Six? I thought that the cylinder length was too short. If Ruger has to lengthen the cylinder, it would have been cheaper/easier/faster to make the 327 in the Blackhawk. They already did that.

Glupy Dave
Longer cylinder + shorter barrel shank = no big deal.

They tried the Blackhawk, remember, it didn't sell. How do you know what's cheaper/easier/faster for Ruger's manufacturing??? It's obviously possible and obviously Lipsey's felt it would be a better seller on the Single Six platform than the medium or large frame Blackhawk. Shutup and buy one already.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
"Shutup and buy one already."
-and many would (or say they would), if it were real. So far a marketing promise or at best, an experimental?
When we see them IRL, I'm sure they will sell at least as well as the Shopkeeper!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
"Shutup and buy one already."
-and many would (or say they would), if it were real. So far a marketing promise or at best, an experimental?
When we see them IRL, I'm sure they will sell at least as well as the Shopkeeper!

Will Terry shot one IRL; pg 2.

Well what do we have here? A brand new Lipsey's Exclusive! From Lipsey's FB page:
That ain't no 6 shot and Ruger didn't make a stainless 32 H&R Single Six Magnum....
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...46209407_n.jpg

Cordite

Single-Sixer
Been wanting another .327 ... looks like I will be saving up for a 5 1/2" version.
Lipsey's says several months on their FB page. This should be enough time to generate the cash assuming that the price will be reasonable.

CraigC

Hawkeye
mohavesam said:
So far a marketing promise or at best, an experimental?
When we see them IRL, I'm sure they will sell at least as well as the Shopkeeper![/color]
I wouldn't call a group of guys getting to shoot not one but two pre-production samples to be a "marketing promise". The guns have been ordered by Lipsey's, they are a reality. It's only a matter of time before they hit the shelves.

kodiakisland

Bearcat
Robb Barnes said:
I will pass on the new 327 single six. I had John Gallagher make one for me in a bisley configuration and decided to let it go. Now I will just keep my little 32mag/327 dual cylinder FA 97.

I sold my single sixes to finance my FA97 with dual cylinders. For me it was the right move. I'm still planning to get one of these new single sixes though. 7 shots on the small frame, 4 5/8in barrel in 327. That's a heck of a trail gun when you don't feel like packing any weight.

My FA will be for the serious stuff, the single six for when I don't expect to need it but glad I had it along.

Oregon45

Single-Sixer
I've got my order in for one with the 7.5" barrel. Should be a dandy gun for IHMSA field pistol competition. Now Lipsey's has to get moving on convincing Ruger to make a 5-shot 480 Ruger!

Blackhawk30

Single-Sixer
Well I'd like to get the 7.5 model.I haven't seen either the Blackhawk or the SP101 in 327 yet.I wonder how many Lipsey's will have Ruger make?

Oregon45

Single-Sixer
mohavesam said:
Oregon45 said:
...Now Lipsey's has to get moving on convincing Ruger to make a 5-shot 480 Ruger!
- Ain't gonna happen. But you can order a 5-shot 480R BFR any day of the week!

At the BFR's current prices, I'd rather buy a used Freedom Arms or have a custom 5-shot built on a Ruger.

Latest posts