So whose gonna get the new SS 7- shot 327 fed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Varminterror

Blackhawk
I've owned several 32H&R's (over 20 of the Single Six "Vaqueritos" and a couple SP101's) and a handful of 327's. My honest preference would be a 5 shot .38spcl or 357mag in a Single Six over a 7 shot .327FM. A bit overkill, and undeniably too expensive as a bunny gun compared to a 22LR or WMR, a dandy as a coyote pistol, and fun, yet on the small side as a deer pistol. If it were readily available and didn't cost as much to feed, or if brass was more readily available and more suitable bullets for the 32 were easier to find, then maybe I'd still own a safe full of 32's, but such ain't the case.

I'll take the cheap-to-feed, easy-to-find 38 or 357 with lower capacity, please.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
I shot the 'ell out of a 5 1/2" version last week. Sighted it in at 50 meters and hit everything in sight. Nice little sevengun if I do say so myself. I already have 32's in 3", 4", 5 1/2", 6", and 6 1/2". This new version will be a 7 1/2", thank you very much.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
WIL TERRY said:
I shot the 'ell out of a 5 1/2" version last week. Sighted it in at 50 meters and hit everything in sight. Nice little sevengun if I do say so myself. I already have 32's in 3", 4", 5 1/2", 6", and 6 1/2". This new version will be a 7 1/2", thank you very much.

Will,

Are they marked Single Seven? Don't see them listed on Ruger's or Lipsey's websites yet; what's the retail price on them?
Thx,

magnum711

Bearcat
I'll be in for a 5 1/2".

Hey Jason, how about a 5 shot 38 special Single Six (5) with a 3 3/4" barrel?

CraigC

Hawkeye
Varminterror said:
...or if brass was more readily available and more suitable bullets for the 32 were easier to find, then maybe I'd still own a safe full of 32's, but such ain't the case....
It stands to reason that the more folks buy brass, the more brass will be available. If everybody is afraid of nothing being able to get brass and therefore doesn't buy guns and brass, there won't be any. That said, I just ordered Starline brass from Graf's. No big deal.

I've been loading for the .32-20 and .32H&R for years and didn't know .32 bullets were hard to find.

edlmann

Blackhawk
96/44 said:
I'd buy one, but I expect we are the minority. I just can't believe Ruger would redesign the SS to handle a cartridge that basically flopped in the three other guns they offered it in. The .327 made perfect sense in the SP101 and similar platforms for the extra round for defense, but it's too big for small game, and too small for big game. Not sure what role a .327 Single Six would serve, but it would be a blast to shoot.

I bought one of the 8-shot Blackhawks, which I guess were only produced one year. Now I wonder if I should put it away for my retirement fund.

rangerbob

Buckeye
I have a pair of Single Sixes(4 5/8 & 6 1/2) in 32 H&R and the wife has the Vaquero version. Again, Ruger is thinking outside the box with the Single 7. It makes perfect sense to build a revolver to hold as many rounds as it can. I also have a 10 shot K-22, an 8 shot M27, and 7 shot L-Frame. Now, what barrel length do I need? Bob!! 8)

rangerbob

Buckeye
Kevin, I understand they are going to be stainless to begin with. We'll have to let Jason at Lipsey's give us the full details. Bob!! 8)

Mohillbilly

Bearcat
A stainless adjustable sight 327 single six/seven with 9.5 would be very welcome at my house .

Latest posts