So A Guy Walks Into His LGS...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ultramag44

Bearcat
Right then. So I go to my LGS @ lunch time today. What's in the display case but a Ruger 1911! :D It's priced @ $639.00 + tax.

I handle it and decided to not make a decision right away, not in the heat of the moment as it were.

I went back to work. I crumbled @ 2:15pm. I called the LGS (I could hear customers in the background). My dealer and I had this conversation.

LGS: "Gunstore."

Me: "Hey _ _ _ _ _ it's _ _ _ _. Do you still have the Ruger 1911?"

LGS: "I do."

Me: "Put it in the safe."

LGS: "Okay, bye."

Me: "Bye."

Being a 'Preferred Customer' does have its advantages! 8) :wink:

mattsbox99

Hunter
You made it longer than I did. :)

I walked in, and saw the SR1911 tucked in the corner of the display. I asked to see it, and promptly asked for the form. This particular shop is a Remington Premier shop and did the obligatory 'would you like to see the R1' I said 'nope'.

RugerHound

Hunter
Outstanding! I was reading your story and thought "Uh oh.. this is gonna be the part where he calls back in 20 minutes and it's gone!". But a happy ending instead.

You're gonna love it. It's a mighty fine piece in my view. Contratulations, and for a very reasonable price!

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
You showed more restraint than I did with the .500 I bought a little bit ago. I saw a used one in great shape and pounced. But I doubt that the 500 would have sold as fast as an SR1911! :D