Slightly battered Ruger Single Six with fixed sights.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sigp220.45

Single-Sixer
My local police supply place recently took in two large shipments of old duty guns and evidence guns from a PD and Sheriff's Office in Washington state.

I got a nice S&W Model 28 from the first batch, and this Single Six from the second.

VyDzlzB.jpg

Definitely an evidence gun. There was still a little red evidence tape on it.

ACDNoY8.jpg

The muzzle had some damage, and a bunch of biological schmutz on it before I cleaned it off.

vAKpf5G.jpg

The damage doesn't enter the bore, and it shoots nice small groups right on the point of aim at 50 feet.

It has some blue wear and the grips are dinged up, probably from being banged around in shipping or the evidence room. Or maybe it was like this.

DoVGPsT.jpg

OYczcJj.jpg

Revolvers are slow movers at this place, and .22 especially so. This one was $225 out the door, so I feel like I did alright.

VMFaJGP.jpg

I was happy it shot to the sights. I think I have some better grips around, or I'll treat it to some new ones.

Does anyone know what the Ruger code is for this model?

Makes me long for the days when my youngest son worked for a company that bought lots of LE and evidence guns. Got some interesting guns like yours at VERY good prices.

chet15

Hawkeye
street said:
I believe there were only 500 of those made. Nice find.

Street, the one you are speaking of has a drift adjustable sight (500 made).
The gun in the picture is actually still being made by Ruger.
Chet15

street

Hunter
chet15 said:
street said:
I believe there were only 500 of those made. Nice find.

Street, the one you are speaking of has a drift adjustable sight (500 made).
The gun in the picture is actually still being made by Ruger.
Chet15
Yes you are right. I was thinking of the the one that you said, with the drift adjustable sight. I also noticed that Ruger is offering a 4 5/8 in. bl. Stainless Steel .22-.22 Mag. Single-Six with the vaquero type grooved sight. It's a LIPSEY'S DISTRIBUTOR EXCLUSIVES. I wonder how many of those they will make. :lol:

2sheriffs

Single-Sixer
You might think about sending it back to Ruger for a re blue. A lot of gun stores have a box of used grips. Maybe you could find a set. The ones you have look like the solid walnut, not the laminate they use now.
Ron