SITUATION FIXED—-SHOP RUGER IS A JOKE!!!!Who to contact?????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Got a 10 22 take down, the rear sight was so far over to the right had trouble
hitting a 4X8 sheet of plywood at 25 yards! Not sure whats going on over there
whatever it is it is not good! Got an email a week ago said they have recieved
it no contact since, I think i'll give them a buzz. ps

hittman

Staff member
Ale-8(1) said:
I can't find the old "Tell the CEO" option on Ruger's site, so I guess he got tired of hearing all this.

:roll:

Www.ruger.com

Tell the CEO on bottom left of the home page.

CMH

Blackhawk
Thanks for the link but that option is not available..... guess he is tired of hearing about warranty issues.... poorly fitted grips.... and exceptionally poor customer service!!!

CMH said:
Thanks for the link but that option is not available..... guess he is tired of hearing about warranty issues.... poorly fitted grips.... and exceptionally poor customer service!!!

Yep, as I also discovered when I tried to use it . . .

"The Tell The CEO submission form is currently unavailable. Chris is on the road and will be unable to answer your questions. Thank you for your patience and understanding."

That had been the scenario the last few times I've tried to use it. He needs to spend more time in the factory and less "on the road". At least now I don't feel so bad for having missed it this time.

:oops:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
CMH said:

You're no doubt sick and tired of the whole fiasco by now, but you might try the email contact process at the bottom of this page just for the heck of it, it's easy at least:
https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/customerService/

scubadad

Bearcat
I had ordered a set of grips that got lost in shipping. They promptly sent out another set. The next day the first set showed up in the mail. They called me, sent emails and snail mail trying to get me to return the extra set. I never did reply.

If its any consolation I screwed them back for you. If I had an extra hat I would send it to you

CMH

Blackhawk
LOL..... Thanks. It's not so much that I need another hat or the $5 shipping..... its the fact they advertised something and even when it's showed to them they would rather slimeball there it way out of doing the right thing. Never had this kind of crap when a RUGER ran things!!!!

lolbell

Single-Sixer
scubadad said:
I had ordered a set of grips that got lost in shipping. They promptly sent out another set. The next day the first set showed up in the mail. They called me, sent emails and snail mail trying to get me to return the extra set. I never did reply.

If its any consolation I screwed them back for you. If I had an extra hat I would send it to you

So it's ok for customers to misrepresent the truth to a company but not the other way around? I'm not saying that false advertising is ok but stealing a set of grips ain't exactly kosher either

scubadad said:

So Ruger went the extra mile to fulfill an order allegedly "lost in the mail" and then you decided to drop the ball on your end by not simply returning one set of grips?

Nice work, there. Explains why a company might not be too receptive to some customer complaints, and makes us all look somewhat risky.

mjh

Single-Sixer
Yea Ruger dropped the ball on the hat and shipping. With the grips I'd likely give them a call and ask for a shipping label. I'd likely already have opened the box so and easy return to sender would not have worked. But a call and shipping label easy to drop off while running errands.

wolfsong

Staff member
scubadad said:

So, why don't you offer up that extra set of grips for a karma, as a consolation? Seems like a gentlemanly thing to do...

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
scubadad said:

So Ruger went the extra mile to fulfill an order allegedly "lost in the mail" and then you decided to drop the ball on your end by not simply returning one set of grips?

Nice work, there. Explains why a company might not be too receptive to some customer complaints, and makes us all look somewhat risky.

Yeah, that was an unethical thing to do.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
CS moved to Mayodan. Since then I believe any FUBAR reported.
Try acall to marketing? talk with someone who'll send you a box 'o hats as free advertising swag. Marketing has pallets of that stuff.

daveg.inkc

Hunter
Ruger has mailed me free parts. Paid for shipping both ways on several firearms that needed attention. Plus, exchanged 2 new Blackhawks for ones that was worn. Ruger has been good to me.

Slyk Willy

Single-Sixer
scubadad said:

A good reminder to be selective when doing business with a fellow forum member.

CMH

Blackhawk
daveg.inkc said:
Ruger has mailed me free parts. Paid for shipping both ways on several firearms that needed attention. Plus, exchanged 2 new Blackhawks for ones that was worn. Ruger has been good to me.

Honestly that's what has surprised me so much about this deal..... Ruger in past dealings has been excellent when it came to customer service. They always seemed to go above and beyond.....

CMH

Blackhawk
Well..... the email I sent Friday got me a call from Ruger just now. They apologized for what happened and are sending me my hat as well as a t shirt to more than cover the $5 shipping but the trouble as well. The lady (Gail) I spoke to was from Ruger and not shop Ruger and was pleasant to speak with..... she represented the kind of customer service Ruger was and evidently still is known for!!