Single ten problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tbird1960

Bearcat
I just bought a Ruger single ten and when it came in the loading gate is very hard to open. Also when you pull the hammer back it sometimes does not work at all or it works good. Has anybody else had these problems?

First thing that I would check is to be sure that the base pin is fully seated.

I don't know if that would affect the loading gate, but if the base pin isn't fully seated, sometimes the transfer bar is prevented from raising properly. One symptom for that can be the inability to cock the hammer…

For starters, I'd pull the base pin and reseat it, to make sure that it "clicks" into place, indicating that it's fully seated.

If that doesn't do it, report back with a more detailed description of the problems you're having.

Folks here will likely be able to get you and your revolver squared away! 👍

woodsy

Blackhawk
I have a Single-Ten, and it is flawless. I purchased it brand new. Was the OP's new or used? My loading gate is easy, and no problems with the base pin. Was yours purchased from a gun shop? On-line?
Keep in mind that NO OTHER maker takes care of their products as well as Ruger. If it was bought NIB, a simple call to Ruger will solve the problem.

contender

Ruger Guru
Per Ruger's instructions;
P1040367.JPG

Latest posts