Single Six Arrow

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MalteseHoss

Bearcat
I stumbled on a very nice Single Six blue 9 1/2" barrel at my local shop. It appears to be an Arrow model. Am I correct in understanding that this was shipped without a 22mag cylinder, in 1986, and is fairly rare? I am not much of a Single Six collector but this gun intrigues me.

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
From all my reading, sounds like you are spot-on. The arrow indicated single cylinder. Others are more expert than me,
but I would consider it fairly rare. Great find, this could be your start to a "Single Six Collection"!

Be safe,
Shorty

larryofcc

Bearcat
I hope you didn't fall when you stumbled. I have an early 9 1/2" blued Super Single Six with the "Star" marking on the frame. I know this marking denotes a single cylinder, and have heard of a marking that looks like a house, and the arrow. All denote single cylinder. Some of these can be very rare. I believe the blued 4" "Star" is the rarest. In any event, what you have is certainly scarcer than a dual cylinder model. Pics of the markings would be nice, as well as a full serial number for collectors. Thanks, Big Larry