single six 1959 22 mag with stags

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wrounsifer

Bearcat
My buddy pulled this one out (from Uncle) and it looks nice. any ball park values in case I can get him to trade.

22mag13_zpsaaa00b13.jpg

22mag12_zpsfaf874b1.jpg

22mag11_zpsf286fd06.jpg

22mag1_zpsfeaf49dd.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,,, the gun has a set of the "Micro" aftermarket sights on it. Many folks enjoy that variation. It's a bit desirable because of the Micros. THe condition of the gun looks pretty goood, but if I were a buyer, I'd want a close-up inspection of the gun.
Next, the pics of the stags looks like they COULD be factory. Again, close-up inspection is in order.
Why?
As they say, the devil is in the details.
Condition is important. As is a "complete package." (Box, papers, shipper, original sights, any documentation about the changing of the sights, etc.)
The gun appears to me to have a bit of wear, but not abuse.
The stags could be factory, could be aftermarket, (or counterfeited to look like factory,) so it does affect value.
JUST from the pics shown, assuming the stags are factory, I'd place the value in the $800-$900 range. Of course, if I was buying,, I'd want to get it cheaper than that!

+1 to what Contender said - just recognize the stags are half of the value and you see the importance of his points. Certainly the scratching on the inside of grip frame could be used to justify a somewhat lower price - probably within the range Contender quoted. That is a nice one!

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
I do not need to see more ....Looks good ............... Marking inside the GF is invisible, once the panels are on it....................$1200 and not a dime less. Stags look good and they have more character than most. Buy it for less, if you can(obviously)Especially if you are doing purchase to re-sell....The market is narrow for the sighted model, but the condition drives it.........Over and out from the NNW's 8) BTW, WHERE'S OUR FRIEND, AMERICAL?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The stags are beautiful but almost a little too nice to be factory. Factory usually have some sanding marks showing but they could have been polished. However the medallions are not equidistant from the top surface. then again I've seen that on factory stags as well....

looks good and could go either way,all good points above...I have no problem with the medallion location, see that ALL too often, but I agree with Hondo, they do appear a bit "too light" in color, newer, more like the current sanbar stags....soooooo, bottom line is just what value is your friend putting on this 'package' ?? it is NOT how it shipped from the factory, all after market, and YES where is 'Americal'?? He is one of a very "few" that go after ,collect, the 'Micro sighted' guns, and yes, that is typical of the work of that era...........
tough call, addition and subtraction, of "original/aftermarket" and the fly in the ointment is the stags and to ME , I base my dicision on just what he "thinks/wants/values" the gun at, if in the $500-750 range, BUY it, if more than that, its a 'crap shoot" and the "pucker factor" HOW BADLY do YOU want it?? :roll: 8) :wink: