Simply Rugged Silver Dollar holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Well the day finally came. Back in February I ordered a simply rugged holster. It is a Silver Dollar pancake holster for a SP101 3 inch .327. Left handed with the optional celtic knot. I'm pretty happy how it turned out. They must have a pretty powerful leather sewing machine.

The gun fits very nice and indeed it won't fall out even without the optional strap.

Anyway here are several pictures of the holster.

title.jpg

P1120025.JPG

P1120028.JPG

P1120027.JPG

P1120044.JPG

P1120042.JPG

P1120053.JPG

P1120031.JPG
[/img]

Taylor714bce

Bearcat
I bought a simply rugged silver dollar pancake for my SP101. It looked like a child had slapped it together. Fit and finish stunk. I contacted Rob Leahy with pictures. He agreed to a full refund. I sent it back and he took out a restocking fee claiming I'd scratched it. Total BS! I opened it, test fitted gun, took pictures, and boxed it up to send back. Terrible quality, terrible service. Seriously, there are so many good builders out there don't waste your time on this guys junk. I should have listened to the other reviews I've read about his horrible customer service. It's a shame too. I really liked his design.

Wheelyfun44

Single-Sixer
Taylor714bce said:
I bought a simply rugged silver dollar pancake for my SP101. It looked like a child had slapped it together. Fit and finish stunk. I contacted Rob Leahy with pictures. He agreed to a full refund. I sent it back and he took out a restocking fee claiming I'd scratched it. Total BS! I opened it, test fitted gun, took pictures, and boxed it up to send back. Terrible quality, terrible service. Seriously, there are so many good builders out there don't waste your time on this guys junk. I should have listened to the other reviews I've read about his horrible customer service. It's a shame too. I really liked his design.

Um...I guess you gotta start somewhere...but this seems like a weird first post?
Anyhow, welcome to the forum...

I just got a new Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake for my Ruger 44 special, and it is first quality!
I am an experienced holster aficionado, and have owned holsters from: High Noon, TT Gunleather, AKJ Concealco, Fist, Tucker, and dare I say, Galco and Comptac and Crossbreed.......and Simply Rugged holds up to ANY and ALL of those companies!!

You don't stay alive in the world today with poor quality and customer service, so......Simply Rugged must be dong something right.
034_zps00c9bd3f.jpg

042_zps8ebd11e6.jpg

mt

Single-Sixer
Taylor714bce said:

I've taken the "time" several times over the last few years to order a Belt and several holsters from Rob and never received anything but good conversation on the phone, fast, friendly service, fair prices and a quality product. Oh, and I ordered another holster this afternoon before I read your post. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my dealings with Simply Rugged have all been the exact opposite of your's.

mt

Eaglestroker

Single-Sixer
I think Rob delivers a solid product at a price point that most folks can stomach easily. As a maker I look at them and see things I don't like, things that most people would never notice unless you've messed with the stuff yourself or dealt with a lot of dead cow. He wouldn't be in business if they weren't popular and offers a lot of optional things to get the most utility out of a single piece.

Like his stuff or don't Simply Rugged has established it's place in the market and is there for the long haul. From all the nice posts and multi-piece users you can't really argue with it. Congrats on your new rig OP that knot is killer :)

BearStopper

Blackhawk
My only Simply Rugged holster is my favorite and top notch stuff. Yours looks very nice too. Not saying they haven't made a mistake, but the new member matter of fact blanket statements regarding their quality when so many of us here know better smells like an agenda to me. Especially considering you went out of your way to register just to post it.

WMB30

Single-Sixer
I have a dozen or more of Rob's holsters. All of them are good quality holsters that work.

Bill

Taylor714bce:
why not start your own thread instead of hijacking mine. I've only bought the one holster from Simply Rugged and as you can see from the pictures it is of quality design and construction.

Rob builds a good solid holster at a price point that very few others can match. He also sends a FREE holster to every active military person he hears about. He even offered to make holsters for my kids even though they are all pilots and don't wear a sidearm during active duty. Tough to beat that.

Sorry Taylor, sounds like you are barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for someone to agree with you on Rob and his products.

308longdistance

Blackhawk
Kevin said:
I've only bought the one holster from Simply Rugged and as you can see from the pictures it is of quality design and construction.

I agree with you Kevin, Simply Rugged makes some nice holsters.

Here is one I picked up.

002.jpg