Security Six Factory Target Grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dfletcher

Blackhawk
Ruger revolvers aren't usually the focus of my buying, but lately I've picked up a few - older Speed Six blued in 357, stainless in 9mm. An SP 101 and just recently a 6" stainless Security Six unfired and still in its old red & black box. For lack of a better word, I like the "honesty" of the Rugers wood and brushed steel as compared to Smith's "spray paint" finish or shallow bluing, and of course no lock.

The Security Six came with thin factory service stocks and I was debating using a Tyler T grip or something aftermarket. I stumbled across Ruger factory target stocks on the Numrich website. I wasn't aware Ruger had made these. They're a great fit, factory medallions too. Not too big around and just deep enough to allow a pretty high grip on the gun. Just passing on the info -

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1176710

Those are nice looking grips and at a fair price, but a couple of years back Ruger had some nice factory target grips that were screaming deal bargain priced. If I remember right they were like $15 and if you bought a case of 6 they were like $9 per. They had them for quite a while until a few guys figured it out and snapped them all up. I still see them at gun shows for $25-$30 brand new in the package. If you posted in the classifieds I would bet someone on here still has some of these.

ulrik

Bearcat
dfletcher said:
The Security Six came with thin factory service stocks and I was debating using a Tyler T grip or something aftermarket.
---Hello from Germany! I also own a Sec6 and never was satisfied with different manufactured grips-- until now. I have finally found the ultimate grip, made from Hogue: The WOODEN (not the cheap starting standard rubber grip) Hogue one piece grip made from hard "Pao Ferro"- also called Brasilian iron wood and denser and harder than wal nut. I was lucky, getting this grip from the USA to Germany from this Company: http://grips4guns.com/handgun_grips/

dfletcher

Blackhawk
ulrik said:
dfletcher said:
The Security Six came with thin factory service stocks and I was debating using a Tyler T grip or something aftermarket.
---Hello from Germany! I also own a Sec6 and never was satisfied with different manufactured grips-- until now. I have finally found the ultimate grip, made from Hogue: The WOODEN (not the cheap starting standard rubber grip) Hogue one piece grip made from hard "Pao Ferro"- also called Brasilian iron wood and denser and harder than wal nut. I was lucky, getting this grip from the USA to Germany from this Company: http://grips4guns.com/handgun_grips/

Hogue definitely makes nice grips - I thought you were going to mention Nill Grips, they're excellent too. Rugers aren't collectible like or been around as long as Smith & Colt but I figured being like new, having the box that staying "all factory" was the way to go.

ulrik

Bearcat
dfletcher said:
ulrik said:
dfletcher said:
- I thought you were going to mention Nill Grips, they're excellent too.

---you are right- BUT Nill doesn't have anymore the computer/laser program for the Sec6.
And never forget: Nill has no problem for their high priced grips. Their grips are double
high in price as my Hogue wooden Mono Grip-- even included shipping and handling and the german tax for importing.--- but that is the market: Offer and demand.
A thirsty man in the Sahara will pay the Beduine 1tsd $ for a coke.