Scratched Up BLackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Yeah, the amount of effort that went into it was considerable. I like more restrained engraving, but that's just me.

The first thing that came to mind was that it looks just like my favorite cap pistol as a kid. :D

That is a lot of engraving on a modern Ruger.

I very much appreciate such engraving. 8)

That said, I used to buy engraved Rugers of multiple persuasions. As much as I appreciate them, mine never left the safe. The time came when I figured it was not money well spent, so some of them have gone down the road.

That is not to mean I'm trying to talk anybody out of owning such revolvers, and I will remain envious of those that own them.

Rclark

Hunter
The first thing that came to mind was that it looks just like my favorite cap pistol as a kid.
Now that you mentioned it -- exactly like what I remember :D . I don't own any engraved revolvers, but if I did it would be 'minimalistic' (that a word?) . Lot of work there, but to much for my tastes.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
In general, Rugers aren't generally considered Barbecue guns but that one qualifies. Bit too ornate for anything else!

dwayne

Single-Sixer
Since you asked … It would be more pleasant if the quality of the engraving was better. IMHO, this is not the work of a skilled engraver … not even close.

I don't care for engraved double actions, and I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else. It's just too much.

But I can't comment on the quality, it's hard to see in this picture.