SCOUTING FOR MOOSE

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
A friend of mine drew an Idaho moose permit this year & tonight me & him , along with one of his son's went on a little scouting safari. I've been wanting to get into the high mountains for a while & it was great to get up there & enjoy the sights, sounds & smells of high mountain meadows, see the water running crystal clear, see the baby grouse running down the road, we also spotted deer & one big cow moose standing in one of my all time favorite waterholes.
The wild flowers were everywhere, it was awesome to see so many different colors, the grass was so green it almost hurt your eyes & had to be over a foot tall in most places. It looks like there will be a great huckleberry crop too! I had a great time, took several pictures & enjoyed a wonderful evening.

I picked this wild flowers for my wife, took me about 2 minutes to grab several different colors, they were everywhere!

100_2438.jpg

This looked like an older cow, she let me walk to within 40-45 yds before she even walked out of the water.

100_2436.jpg

100_2435.jpg

Sitting on my 4 wheeler, I'm wearing my Barranti, Hank Sloan belt rig with my 44 special inside, its stoked with 240 gr hollow points & 7.5 grs of Unique........just in case.

100_2437.jpg

Dick

sixshot

Buckeye
Fermin, that would be one mighty big mouse! You said in Callshots thread that you've been real nice around the house this week.....you could pick some beautiful wild flowers for Lupita & then she would really wonder what you were up too!

Dick

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Lots of good looking country, Dick. Didn't see any bears while your were 'out n about' did you?

contender

Ruger Guru
Great pics! I've been spending a lot of my time lately remodling a house,, and then moving. Yep,, Miss Penny & I are moving into the newly repaired/remodled house we own. It's only 3-1/2 miles down the road,, so it's not a far away move. Still a lot of stuff to move after 25 years in one place.
Seeing these pics makes me envious of y'all out in the high country,, socializing with the wildlife. Looks like I missed it again!

callshot

Blackhawk
Yep, I remember that water hole. I know you enjoy the play ground up there in the mountains. I only got 309 hollow points cast yesterday. I feel a nap coming on and don't want to miss it, so I'll have to cast a little later.

Short Barrel

Blackhawk
Nice pictures Dick.That waterhole looks well used.It makes me want to get out.Nice taste in guns and leather too.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
Stiofan":1jruh24v said:
I've been seeing a lot of moose up north this year. Good luck to your friend on his hunt.

Ditto. We had a few through the yard and a cow/calf combo that would not leave. Took a spin further up and saw two more.

Latest posts