Scope Rings

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Just purchased a Ruger Umarex Targis Hunter Max .22 cal air rifle. It came with the scope but no mounting rings. It has the rail on it to accept scope rings. I measured inside the v's > < and it measures .625" which is 15.875 mm. Is that how you measure it? The rings I see on Amazon for the 1" tube are for a 11 mm rail. What rings do I need for this thing? I don't want to wait for Amazon to finally settle this or have to send the whole rifle back.

The rings were suppose to be in a separate little white box in the main box but, there was no little box or rings. The package looked a little beat up like it had been opened before.

I did find a phone number for Umarex and called them. Of course I got an answering machine and left a message about the problem. I'll wait and see if they call me back. The number was for their service dept.

I hate to have to box that thing up again a drive all the way to town just to send it back.

And hittman, I didn't buy it from Ruger.

hittman

Staff member
Few people buy Rugers directly from Ruger but ….. it’s still a free phone call to them. They lent their name to the product. Ya don’t know if you don’t ask.

Umarex is the company that makes Ruger's air rifles. Umarex is the parent company of Walther. They have a plant here in the USA so I think they are a pretty big company. Ruger gave me their phone number and the email of a man in the service center. He was very nice to deal with and I received a package within 4 days containing the missing parts.

I got the scope mounted now but it's just too hot to go out and sight it in, I'll have to wait a while for it to cool down.