scope options for a 10/22 take down

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sandman228

Single-Sixer
I recently bought a 10/22 takedown and absolutely love it . I'm mostly a handgun shooter for the simple fact I just don't like messing with long guns , as far as lugging them around .this is where the 10/22 take down is great, just break it down put it in its own carry case maybe put a few handguns in with it and go .ive owned 10/22 rifles in the past but this is my 1st take down model and id like to put some kind of scope on it . I'm not a big fan of red dot scopes and I'm not looking for a top of the line optic either just a basic 4x32 tasco ,simmons or bushnell would suite me fine . I don't think that with a full sized 4x32 scope mounted on it that it will fit in its carry bag . right now the only option I'm seeing is a set of quick detach mounts I found on e bay I think the name brand is warne? I have them saved on my watch page and plan on buying them . so I guess i'll be mounting and dismounting the scope every time I break it down there saying it should hold zero but I'm skeptical about this . ive also looked at compact 4x32 scopes on e bay this might also be an option ,here again I'm not looking for top of the line but everything ive found online is either nc star or don't have any name brand at all and I don't want a total piece of junk . a 3rd option is a red dot sight , well I think if it came down to that i'd just avoid an optic and stay with open sights . can anyone else suggest another option I may have overlooked ?

Latest posts