SBH Hunter - advice on grips

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gecko001

Bearcat
Let me start by saying my usual EDC is a Sig p238, due to wardrobe and environmental constraints. I had to practice quite a bit to gain control and accuracy with that pistol. One thing which really helped was to install some Hogue monogrips: the grip now feels like my CZ75, which is to say, awesome. I'm now very accurate with it.

But it got me to thinking, would a different set of grips give me greater accuracy and control over my SBH Hunter? The current grips are very nice, very attractive, but function is more important than looks, at least when taken into the field. The Hogue monogrip allowed me to be more accurate with my pocket pistol: will they do the same with my 44 mag?

However, those sculpted wood grips (also manufactured by Hogue) look as if they would give great control over the revolver. But do they help with felt recoil? Has anyone had experience with both types of grips?

The monogrips are about $25, and I am blessed that $25 won't break the family budget, but I'd rather get some advice before (potentially) wasting some money.

Salmoneye

Single-Sixer
The best gummy grip I have ever found for the SBH was the Uncle Mike's #59001...

They come up on eBay quite frequently...

There is one set there now, but they are higher priced than what I'd be willing to spend...

The last two that sold went for less than $20...

All that said, a good set of wood grips that fit your hand make all the difference in comfort and control...

Stop fighting the natural roll...