Saw My First SR-22 Today

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hell it makes sense to me, if you want a .22, then buy the .22,better than the .223.......put it in the same boat with the 9mm, BUT then thats OUR opinion...did see one today for the first time and it really is kinda neat, for a .22.............cheap to shoot anyway, and from across the room looks serious enough to keep the two legged varmints wondering....... .by the way, they were priced at $499 over here...........

9x19

Hunter
stevek44":tjyk37s7 said:
9x19

Looks great, I think Ruger came up with another hit. May I ask where you got the recoil pad from?

Thanks

SteveK44.. :D

Steve,

It's a Tapco brand pad, but others make them (SOG).

I got mine from www.brownells.com

ddd482

Single-Sixer
i handled one on saturday too- and i have changed my mind too-this was not the cheap plastic thing i was expecting- i would like to have one, but not at that price- i think my dealer has it marked 549 or 599-cant remember exactly, but i will wait, and find a better deal on one

mrbieler

Bearcat
I was in the market for a .22. The Colt Umarex didn't impress me. The S&W looks interesting, but I'd be limited to 10 round mags here in California. The GSG's were too plastic as well.

The SR-22 had a good solid feel to it. The stock was loose, but I dropped on a spare one I had off an AR and it tightened right up.

Dropped on an Aimpoint M3 clone and I'm ready to make metal spinners, tin cans, and golf balls tremble.
sr22_1.jpg

sr22_2.jpg

sr22_3.jpg

Price was $499. Without a base gun to build on, I don't think I could have built it for less.

swoter

Bearcat
I've been trying to get my 14 year old son back into shooting with me, and this may be the ticket. And 22 is still cheap, could shoot it as much as he wants. It looks like the rifles in his video games.

mag318

Bearcat
Saw one today at a local deler for $499, I was impressed at how solid it was. Saw another one at a gun show after leaving the gun shop $465. I may have to buy one.

toyhunt

Single-Sixer
Snake45":18teg32z said:
Unconverted":18teg32z said:
I checked it out and it is a solid, hefty, well-made, black rifle that any AR-15 and 10/22 owner will want as soon as possible.
I can tell you at least one who has no interest in it. :?
+1

steenroller

Bearcat
I like the looks of it. If I want something to look and feel like an AR-15 I will get a dedicated upper for one of my lowers. This just looks like a handy 22 that you can mount optics or a light on if you want it. This one is not high on my list but if I see one at the right time I might have to pick it up.

gifford

Bearcat
Saw one at the gunshop yesterday, I see what folks mean about high rings. I couldn't get my head down enough to use the iron sights at all. I'd definitely go for an aimpoint or similar red-dot. I like the looks of it and I like the fact that the heart of it all is the 10-22 action. I've been shooting that action forever it seems, got my first one about 1970.

Latest posts