Satisfied SR9 owner

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Greetings,

I'm new here, so please take it easy!

Anyhow, I bought an SR9 a month ago and I have put 400 rounds through mine with no problems (jams, barrel peening, etc.) that have been reported whatsoever. I am not a "pro". The only handguns I have ever fired are the ones I have owned (bersa 380, bersa thunder 9 uc, ruger p95 and P944 40.) and a LEO friend's glock 22.

I may not be able to speak accurately on trigger pull weight, because all of the guns I have owned have had a relatively heavy trigger pull. I fired my frined's glock and quite frankly, I don't see that much of a difference in the weight of the triggers. I find mine rather pleasant and easy to hold the front sight still while pulling. I don't measure groups, but I can put the target all the way down the range and hit a man sized target easily and repeatedly with the sr9, something I was not previously able to do with my other da/sa guns.

All in all, I like my SR9 a lot, and it is my every day carry. The grip feels great, I find the safety easy to reach/utilize, it is narrow and conceals easy, the sights line up easily, the recoil is light, and it is easy to maintain.

BTW, my LEO buddy shot my SR9 and he like it more than his glock (oh well, flame away).

A

Anonymous

Welcome, although I just joined yesterday myself...lol! I just picked up an SR9 myself yesterday. I haven't shot it yet, but I really like the feel of the gun. Much better feel than my P944 because the SR9 is so light and thin.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Welcome!
I am quite pleased with mine as well for the same reasons that you posted.

ruger_fan

Bearcat
'Noooo. It can't be.' (said in one of my favorite comedian voices of Howie Mandel).

Everyone knows that there aren't any examples of the SR9 that don't exhibit all those problems. :wink:

Enjoy the forum! Lots of GREAT people and advice here (although there seems to be a grain of salt floating around from time to time :D ).